Sims 2 cant click pie menu options

by coaimhe

Original Post

Sims 2 cant click pie menu options

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Almost a year ago, my computer died, so I haven't had sims for some time. A few days ago, my hubby got my computer fixed. I reinstalled games, but now am having a problem that occurs in Sims 2, and also Life Stories, Pet Stories, and Life Stories. 

All games installed and loaded fine, but when I try to play, I can't access the 'pie menu' for any object. When I click on anything, the menu options 'flash' then disappear before I can click anything.

I called origin, and they suggested that I uninstall, and reinstall using the digital download, which I did. Same thing, installed and loaded fine, still cannot click anything.

I have posted this on several forums, but haven't gotten any responses. I am also getting ready to call origin back, and try again. My husband updated the bios and all drivers, we tried compatibility mode, running as administrator, I have no downloads, I don't know what else to try.

edited to add...I am using a Dell laptop, which is the same laptop and operating system that I played sims on for two or three years with no problem. I am aware that there is a known problem. According to instructions I found on MTS, "Windows released an update at some point which broke the Inspiron's touchpad drivers - to fix this, you need to reinstall the working drivers." We went to the Dell website, downloaded the drivers to fix the touchpad, and then disabled the touchpad, it still did not fix the problem. 

Message 1 of 3 (868 Views)

Re: Sims 2 cant click pie menu options

★★★ Newbie

Solution: Delete everything of the game and reinstall. Go to the properties of the game, in compatibility put Windows Vista, apply the options of administrator and apply the option of High DPI settings. Reboot your laptop/computer many times if it does not work at the first time. Hope for the best. 

Message 2 of 3 (676 Views)

Re: Sims 2 cant click pie menu options

Champion

@coaimhe , what version of Windows are you running on your laptop? There are several workarounds depending on which version you are running.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 3 (660 Views)