Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection CRASHING On Windows 8

by thedonoftheword

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection CRASHING On Windows 8

★★★ Novice

I downloaded the free sims 2 game from origin using the I-LOVE-THE-SIMS code. I opened my game that worked fine, it loaded fine, and then i went to make a household and my game crashed. I have tried fixing it multiple times, friends told me to turn off my wifi I did that my game continues to crash. Someone please help me I've been wanting to play the sims 2 for a long time and now it wont work. Thanks. Standard smile

Message 1 of 27 (59,326 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Figured these out after downloading it on my Windows 8 laptop. 

1. Create a short cut for sims 2

If you did not create a short cut here are steps:

*This PC>OC(The option beside where you computer memory storage)>Program Files x86>Origin Games>The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection>Fun with               Pets> SP9>TSBin>Right click Sims2EP9.exe>Click Troubleshoot Compatibility 
**IF YOU HAVE A SHORT CUT, RIGHT CLICK ON THE SHORTCUT ON YOUR DESKTOP AND CLICK TROUBLESHOOT AS WELL. FOLLOW NEXT STEPS*

*A pop up window should come and wait for it to load. Now click Troubleshoot Program

*Let it load. Click "This program worked in earlier versions of windows..." etc. 
          *A screen should pop up and click "Windows 7"
          *Once it loads again then it will say it is set up to Windows 7. Now, click "Test Program" And do not close this window. 

ONCE YOU COMPLETE THIS PROCESS. MAKE SURE TO CREATE A SHORTCUT ON YOUR DESKTOP IF YOU DID NOT MAKE ONE ALREADY. 
       *To make a shortcut, just go back to the TSBin and right click Sims2EP9.exe and click "Create a Short Cut" 
       *It will make a short cut in that folder and once it does, all you need to do is drag that shortcut onto your desktop on the left menu or drag it outside of
        the documets folder on your desktop itself.

OPTION: Better compatibility for Windows 8 to stop lagging.
1. Run it in windowed mode
        *Right click on the short cut or go through the process of finding the TSBin (see up for instructions again).
        *Click Properties on the menu.
        *There will be a typing line on the pop up window that names the full name of that program
        *Put your cursor on it and go to the far end of the line after " 
        *Hit space bar once and type -w

*This will run it in windowed mode. 

If you have any trouble or questions, just reply to this post. 

Long time Simmer,

Kim

View in thread

Message 6 of 27 (64,580 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I cant find where the game is! somebody help me!

@miaomfg_ wrote:

I downloaded the free sims 2 game from origin using the I-LOVE-THE-SIMS code. I opened my game that worked fine, it loaded fine, and then i went to make a household and my game crashed. I have tried fixing it multiple times, friends told me to turn off my wifi I did that my game continues to crash. Someone please help me I've been wanting to play the sims 2 for a long time and now it wont work. Thanks. Standard smile

Message 2 of 27 (58,965 Views)

★★ Novice

i and alot of people have  been having the same exact problem. compatibility modes and re installing doesnt help and not a single household loads wihout crashing. hope somebody can fix. i was so excited for this, what a let down :mansad:

Message 3 of 27 (58,751 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been working on my friends laptop for a few hours trying to fix this (I run 7 so it worked fine for me). I updated her to 8.1 Windows and it works perfectly.

Message 4 of 27 (58,161 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i had simliar problem i  first sims 2 wont load giving me message saying verified ownership i fixed that but........ now it wont let me load the game show up has this intro then when sims 2 pet collection title screen which load the game, was no loading just music and laptop completely froze game i had to restart the laptop 5 times...

Message 5 of 27 (58,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

*This PC>OC(The option beside where you computer memory storage)>Program Files x86>Origin Games>The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection>Fun with               Pets> SP9>TSBin>Right click Sims2EP9.exe>Click Troubleshoot Compatibility 
**IF YOU HAVE A SHORT CUT, RIGHT CLICK ON THE SHORTCUT ON YOUR DESKTOP AND CLICK TROUBLESHOOT AS WELL. FOLLOW NEXT STEPS*

*A pop up window should come and wait for it to load. Now click Troubleshoot Program

*Let it load. Click "This program worked in earlier versions of windows..." etc. 
          *Once it loads again then it will say it is set up to Windows 7. Now, click "Test Program" And do not close this window. 

ONCE YOU COMPLETE THIS PROCESS. MAKE SURE TO CREATE A SHORTCUT ON YOUR DESKTOP IF YOU DID NOT MAKE ONE ALREADY. 
       *To make a shortcut, just go back to the TSBin and right click Sims2EP9.exe and click "Create a Short Cut" 
       *It will make a short cut in that folder and once it does, all you need to do is drag that shortcut onto your desktop on the left menu or drag it outside of

*Right click on the short cut or go through the process of finding the TSBin (see up for instructions again).
        *There will be a typing line on the pop up window that names the full name of that program

Long time Simmer,

Kim

Message 6 of 27 (64,581 Views)

★★ Novice

There is a fix for crashes on the game, it's a problem with Integrated Graphics, if you have a NVIDIA there's a solution :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0uBWrF6wmU

When you are in "Manage 3D settings" thing, and if you can't find the Ultimate Collection shortcut, click on "Add" (in the right side of the list) and go in :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin

You will find an application named "Sims2EP9.exe", choose this application and then keep following the tutorial Standard smile

Message 7 of 27 (57,404 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey Kim,

I installed the Ultimate Collection on a Windows 8 Laptop and after following your method, the Sims 2 still crashes when I load a family or when I try to create a new sim.

Message 8 of 27 (56,034 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@KimmehAnime wrote:

Long time Simmer,

Kim

I've tried all compatibility settings, and still nothing works

Message 9 of 27 (55,967 Views)

★ Novice

I suggest you check your Config-Log. I had the same problem and tried every fix on the internet, and eventually worked this one out:

Go to My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Logs and look for a file with config-log in the name. Open 'er up with notebook and check on your video card. On mine there was a big glaring error that said <<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>.

If you have this, you should follow the instructions here.

Message 10 of 27 (55,925 Views)