Sims 2 Problem with graphics card

by Sunflowergal227

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 Problem with graphics card

Champion (Retired)

hello,

I recently got windows 10, and installed the sims 2. It comes up with the error that Direct X 9.0c graphic driver  cannot be found.

I tried downloading to no avail.

However, I did check the configuration logs and it said that my graphic card isn't recognized. is there a way to make it recognize the graphic driver as an supported driver?

I prefer the sims 2 over the sims 4 or 3 so help would be much appreciated

Message 1 of 12 (7,836 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 2 Problem with graphics card

Hi @Sunflowergal227,

You could use a program called Graphics Rules Maker, designed to improve compatibility between The Sims 2 and modern GPU/Graphic chips. You can search on Google this program

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (8,146 Views)

All Replies

Hi @Sunflowergal227,

You could use a program called Graphics Rules Maker, designed to improve compatibility between The Sims 2 and modern GPU/Graphic chips. You can search on Google this program

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 12 (8,147 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Thank you but I prefer not searching on google to find something in case I download the wrong thing. is there any way you can send a direct link perhaps?

Message 3 of 12 (7,810 Views)

@Sunflowergal227,

It's the first result on Google Standard smile The one from Simsnetwork.com

Message 4 of 12 (7,804 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@fons_garmo

OMG! Thank you so much!! It works!

Now all I have to do is add the expansions, which I have a question for, do you need to do that for all of its expansions?

long story short I like to start the games after I install them to make sure that they work.

if not I guess I can just install all the EPS and install the graphic rules from there!

Thanks!

Message 5 of 12 (7,793 Views)

@Sunflowergal227,

Not really sure because I use the Ultima Collection, but I think you have to apply this workaround with every pack Standard smile

Message 6 of 12 (7,777 Views)

Champion (Retired)

hello,

Game is up and running and works well!

As for the Expansions and Stuff packs, what I had to do was with each one add the graphic rule- which worked wirth all of them!

Thanks so much for your help @fons_garmo!

Message 7 of 12 (7,771 Views)

Happy to hear it worked @Sunflowergal227! Enjoy the game :eahigh_file:

Message 8 of 12 (7,767 Views)

★ Novice

i've tried using this same method with the ultimate collection, but the error still comes up about my graphics card for the mansions and garden stuff pack. I can't find the pack in my game folders, so i'm unable to edit it with the graphics rules maker, could you help?

Message 9 of 12 (7,729 Views)

Hi @jaycebug26,

In The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, the game's executable is located on C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe That's the game main executable for the Ultimate Collection.

Message 10 of 12 (7,723 Views)