Sims 2 Double Deluxe - Screen Flickers on a Windows 10 PC

by ShySnicker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 2 Double Deluxe - Screen Flickers on a Windows 10 PC

★★★★ Novice

It flickers on neighborhood view, when I'm playing the game or editing a house. My PC is up to date, and the disc has no scratches and is clean. The flickering is my only problem, I've tried messing around with the settings on my Sims 2 game menu, but nothing seems to work.

Message 1 of 25 (12,327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 2 Double Deluxe - Screen Flickers on a Windows 10 PC

Hero (Retired)

@ShySnicker,

Thank you Standard smile Keep in mind that The Sims 2 is an old game and may have some compatibility issues with newest hardware. You can use a program called Graphic Rules Maker (you can search for it on Google) which may help you to solve the issue, as it usually fixes Intel HD compatibility problems

View in thread

Message 4 of 25 (13,938 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @ShySnicker,

Can you provide a DxDiag of your PC? This will let us to know more about the issue. You can follow this instructions about how to get a DxDiag file: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 25 (12,314 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@fons_garmo

Sure, no problem. Here it is.

Message 3 of 25 (12,304 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ShySnicker,

Thank you Standard smile Keep in mind that The Sims 2 is an old game and may have some compatibility issues with newest hardware. You can use a program called Graphic Rules Maker (you can search for it on Google) which may help you to solve the issue, as it usually fixes Intel HD compatibility problems

Message 4 of 25 (13,939 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much! I messed around with the settings and got it to stop. :eahigh_file:

Message 5 of 25 (12,275 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ShySnicker,

Glad to hear it worked Standard smile Enjoy with your Sims!

Message 6 of 25 (12,218 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The screen has started flickering again. Disappointed I installed all of my other expansion packs, except for IKEA Home Stuff, Happy Holiday Stuff, Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff, Glamour Life Stuff and FreeTime. I messed around with the settings, both on The Sims and Graphic Rules Maker, but nothing is working. Is there another solution? Thank you for all your help.

Message 7 of 25 (12,210 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ShySnicker,

Please try running the game in compatibility mode with Windows XP. To do it, right click on game's icon and select Propierties -> Compatibility. Also, try running the game as administrator right after setting the compibility with Windows XP (right click on the game's icon -> Run as Administrator)

Message 8 of 25 (12,202 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've tried running it on compatibility mode, and it made things worse. Now whenever I try to load it, my Sims 2 launcher goes full screen, and messes everything up. Frown I don't think there's any hope for it playing on this PC, thank you for all your help.

Message 9 of 25 (12,189 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ShySnicker,

Let's try another thing just in case Wink Go to Origin and right-click in The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection cover -> choose Propierties.

In Propierties, go to Advanced Launch Settings and in the Command Line Arguments text field, plese add this: -w

With this, the game will run in windowed mode and it may work a better Standard smile

Message 10 of 25 (12,184 Views)