Please resolve glitches and bug problems

by mollysue96

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please resolve glitches and bug problems

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I have the sims 2 ultimate collection and my game have a bug, or glitches! It lags a little and the resolution game performance is not very clear. I think I'm missing a few contents as well. Under my sims feet it has a black rectangle shadow under their feet and I can't seem to remove them I tried everything, my graphic card is up to date. I need these solutions fixed!
Message 1 of 3 (568 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Please resolve glitches and bug problems

Hero (Retired)

Hi @mollysue96,

The Sims 2 is 13 years old and it's no longer updated/supported, it was made for old hardware so EA and Maxis are not going to fix all those issues. To solve those issues, you can use a fan-made tool called Graphic Rules Maker (you can search for it on Google) Keep in mind that Graphic Rules Maker is not an official tool made by Maxis or EA, and you should use it under your own responsability.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (641 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @mollysue96,

The Sims 2 is 13 years old and it's no longer updated/supported, it was made for old hardware so EA and Maxis are not going to fix all those issues. To solve those issues, you can use a fan-made tool called Graphic Rules Maker (you can search for it on Google) Keep in mind that Graphic Rules Maker is not an official tool made by Maxis or EA, and you should use it under your own responsability.

Message 2 of 3 (642 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi MollySue96,  I had the same issues that you are having with the black boxed under people. I went into options and lowered the shadows. It was on High, and I lowered it to medium and that took away the boxes.  I would sure love to know how to get more screen sizes besides 800 x 600 though.  Also the Smooth Edges doesn't work either. Those two are pretty much the only problems I am having with The Ultimate Collection game.  I have Windows 10 and I thought I was not going to be able to play Sims 2 at all. I have Sims 3 & 4, but there are a lot of things I still love about Sims 2. I hope this option works for you because that sure is an annoying issue.

Good Luck

Sharon  (bubbles1947)

Message 3 of 3 (424 Views)