LanguageFile not found lang.ini

by ThunderAzule

Original Post

LanguageFile not found lang.ini

★★ Novice

I was able to fix the paul.dll problem but now when ever I try to open the game it tells me "unable to open Languagefile 'lang.ini' "

Is there a solution for this?

Message 1 of 5 (7,216 Views)

Re: LanguageFile not found lang.ini

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem please is there any fix to this

Message 2 of 5 (7,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has been happening to me aswell, did anyone find a solution? :/

Message 3 of 5 (7,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Its been around a year now and still no reply? No fix? At this rate im just going to have to hunt down a physical copy. Origin, trying to follow steams footsteps but cant even upload a game correctly, and cant fix the issue after a year of complaints. God forbid I try and actually buy a game this way without any guarantee it will work.
Message 4 of 5 (7,077 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I think its problem with dll u got,

explanation: Ive searched half google to fix this and its as simple as this, paul.dll is file of securom, thats why its not working properly- should be copied from dvd normally 

now to the fix:  in the folder (default for x64 win 7) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin" change paul.dll to this one: 

http://www.filehelp.pl/dll/paul-dll

the "

Typ pliku: Electronic Arts, Inc. Created by awc
Rozmiar: 293,27 Kb
Kategoria : sims 3
Pobierz plik skompresowany  lub plik oryginalny"  

plik oryginalny - means original file - it gets u not zipped dll 

the file that worked for me is "sims 3" file, which is important its size 293KB (300.304bytes),

u can find it probably on many sites just remember to be this version,

in "digital signatures" tab it have:  Electronic Arts, and timestamp 23.04.2009, on details tab:

File descr: Electronic Arts, Inc.
Type: Application extension
File version: 4.1.1.14
name: drEAm
Copyright (C) 2008 Electronic Arts, Inc.
Size: 293KB
lang: English(US)
original filename dm_pagui.dll

I tried to be most specific, cuz theres probably lots of same files on the net,

By posting this I do not mean no harm, and if that site is violating any law, pls leave it be EA cause its fixing problem Origin made us and never fixed Frown and if any admin is reading this pls fix it already lol 12GB is not fast to download or "repair", or just put correct file somwhere to download  

Also its maybe my laptop but it takes time before game starts, nothing is happening for a WHILE, then long black screen, some blue, intro and looong loading lol but at least its working Xd (if u on win 7 and think loading stucked  do alt+tab and "show desktop" and return - for me worked ) also running on admin and XP compability wont hurt (file - Sims2EP9.exe)

Ok thats it sorry for any chaos in my post Wink hope its gonna help someone

UPDATE: 

I got today downloaded same sims 2 collection on my PC and its working wihtout meddling with .dlls, this might be something with Sims3 installed or any of like 10 other EA games.. or maybe  thats irrelevant and something got fixed on EA side, I also didn't had update to download like i had on my laptop which was only difference Ive made to laptop download like week ago

still info bout working file i have on PC:

"the famous paul.dll"

Details:

File description: Electronic Arts Inc.

Type: Application extension

File version: 4.1.1.20

Product name: drEAm

Copyright (C) 2010 Electronic Arts, Inc.

Size 313 KB 

lang: English(US)
original filename : dm_pagui.dll

"digital signatures" tab it have:  Electronic Arts,  sha1, 23.09.2010

the exact size is 313KB (320,808 bytes)

Info from EA support if they changed anything would be nice Angel

Message 5 of 5 (7,011 Views)