Re: How do I reload my sims 2 apartment life

by EA_Mai

Original Post

How do I reload my sims 2 apartment life

★★ Novice

I have reinstalled all of my Sims 2 games (from my disks) on my older computer but I don't know how to get back my Apartment Life and Mansion & Gardens which I purchased from Origin.  I searched and found my order purchases, but I cannot see how I can download it and get it back into my game. Can someone tell my how to get them back.

Message 1 of 8 (765 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @bubbles1947,

In this case, I would recommend contacting one of our advisers through EA Help, and asking them to turn your physical copies of the game into digital. This way you would be able to install everything through Origin.

Sorry for the inconvenience, if you have any question, don't hesitate to ask Standard smile

-Mai

Message 2 of 8 (753 Views)

★★ Novice

Both of the games (Sims 2 Apartment Life and Mansion & Gardens) were digital downloads from Origin.  I don't have disks. I did find both games listed in the Order History but not how to download them again.

Message 3 of 8 (743 Views)

EA app Team

Hi again @bubbles1947,

Did you get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection back in 2014? You would need to install your packs (base game and all the packs) by installing The Ultimate Collection. The download of individual packs is not available anymore, and actually, if you are using a modern version of Windows, The Ultimate Collection should work better for you than the old versions of the game.

If I'm not wrong, as you had other The Sims 2 games in your account, you should have gotten The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. Can you see it in your account?

-Mai

Message 4 of 8 (732 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, yes I did see The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection but what I am trying to do is add these two games to my older computer that has Windows XP on it. I tried playing the Sims 2 on my new computer that has Windows 10 but it doesn't play right.  So I reinstalled all of my Sims 2 games back onto the older computer. I just don't have Apartment Life and Mansion & Gardens.  I can't get the internet to work on my older computer, for some reason.  So, I thought maybe I could download these two games and copy them to my flash drive and add them to my game on the older computer.  Will I be able to do that? 

I really appreciate your help.  I love my Sims 3 and Sims 4, but there were a lot of things I also liked with Sims 2. Thank you!!!!

Message 5 of 8 (724 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @bubbles1947,

It would be possible to download The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and move it to your old computer, but you would still need to activate the game in your old computer, and that requires Origin with an active Internet connection.

The download of Apartment Life and Mansion & Gardens separately is no longer available through Origin, but even if it was, you would have the same problem Frown - games need to be activated the first time you play them through Origin.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you, the only option I can think of is finding out why Internet is not working Wondering

-Mai

Message 6 of 8 (718 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for your help anyway!!  I will have to keep working on how to get the internet to work on my older computer.

Message 7 of 8 (712 Views)

EA app Team

Good luck @bubbles1947, I hope you can find the way!

-Mai

Message 8 of 8 (707 Views)