Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!

by Thundersplat

Original Post

Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!

★★★ Novice

So I recently downloaded the sims 2 deluxe edition, however I've only been able to get it to run a few times.

The first time worked fine, however when loading it up the second time I got this error:

http://i.imgur.com/ZzsqLXf.png

I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and it worked fine. I closed down the game, opened it up later and got the same issue. I was able to open it a few more times, but I can't seem to pin down what is causing it.

I've had a look at this page:

http://help.ea.com/uk/article/failed-to-find-a-direct-x-9-0c-compatible-graphics-adapter-or-graphic-...

and updated my drivers, and all the directX things are enabled. So far, nothing.

I'm using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti, on windows 7. Pretty sure that's fit to run sims 2, no?

any other suggestions?

Message 1 of 16 (43,232 Views)

Re: Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!

Community Manager

Try adding the game executable to the 3D Games section of your GPU control panel, set your quality preferences and apply those and then retry. This will prevent your machine from trying to use your on board Integrated Graphics Processor.

barry.png
Message 2 of 16 (43,117 Views)

Re: Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Tried adding with it and messing around with the settings, still nothing.

EDIT: By forcing the game to run in windowed mode, it worked fine - at least, it managed to start up. I guess that's the best solution for now?

Message 3 of 16 (43,106 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

How i force it to start windowed?

Message 4 of 16 (43,066 Views)

★★★ Novice

to make it start windowed

find your EP9 exe (in The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Fun With Pets/SP9/TSBin, wherever you have your origin games saved)

make a shortcut on desktop

right click the shortcut->properties

find where it says target and add to the end of the link a space, followed by '-w' (no quotation marks)

it should look like this: "[Wherever It Is On Your Computer]\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe" -w

then use the shortcut and it should start windowed.

It worked for me so I hope it would work for everyone else having this problem

Message 5 of 16 (43,057 Views)

★★ Novice

Ooooooooooooh thanks dude Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 6 of 16 (43,049 Views)

★★ Novice

Theres a way to start it in origin?

Message 7 of 16 (43,043 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

The Sims 2 likely doesn't recognize the card, especially if its newer then the actual game. If you follow the directions here, you might fix the problem: [Edited by EA_Mai - link to third-party software removed]

Message 8 of 16 (43,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@Dango39 wrote:

The Sims 2 likely doesn't recognize the card, especially if its newer then the actual game. If you follow the directions here, you might fix the problem: [Edited by EA_Mai - link to third-party software removed]

THANK YOU!! That link = the fix of a lifetime!

Message 9 of 16 (42,449 Views)

★ Novice

I tried and it still gives me the same message.

Message 10 of 16 (39,986 Views)