Can't type in game! (The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection)

by imnotcat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't type in game! (The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, since yesterday I've had this problem where I can't type in game (like on the neighborhood name or description, cheatbox, etc). I already tried things like reinstalling, repairing and moving my files away and running the game to create new ones, but nothing seems to work.

If you could help me I'd really appreciate it, since I've looked up this issue and it seems not many people have it Devil

The keyboard works fine with other programs and games, and my laptop has windows 8.1 

Message 1 of 4 (2,098 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't type in game! (The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection)

Community Manager

@imnotcat Hi, do you use any mods? If so, try removing these and try again. 

Past this it may help to restart your system with a Clean Boot, in case there's any interference from 3rd party programs. 

https://help.ea.com/uk/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,183 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@imnotcat Hi, do you use any mods? If so, try removing these and try again. 

Past this it may help to restart your system with a Clean Boot, in case there's any interference from 3rd party programs. 

https://help.ea.com/uk/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (2,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I had the exact same problem and I realised that it's not very common so there's not too much information about it on the internet, but what worked for me was just changing my keyboard to "English (United Kingdom)".

I use Windows 8.1, I hope it works for you!

Sorry for my english, I'm venezuelanEmbarrassed

Message 3 of 4 (1,607 Views)

Champion

@luisaemd , while we thank you for the information, this thread is over three years old and no one had posted in it in that time. If you are having a similar problem, it is suggested that you start a new thread detailing your issues and you can link to older threads. Posting in older threads is called Thread Necromancy  and it frowned upon within this forum and in most forums. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 4 (1,594 Views)