the simpsons tapped ouy cannot connect to server

by xkittyxkat868

Original Post

the simpsons tapped ouy cannot connect to server

★★ Novice
I have been playing The Simpsons Tapped Out for a while now and have had no problems, I even got my partner into the game! Since 7th May all I have had is 'cannot connect to the server' error message. It gives me an option to retry but it never connects. My partners game is working fine. I have uninstalled the game then reinstalled it but that didnt help. I also tried connecting via another device and it came up with the same error message. Has anyone else had this problem? My internet connection is fine - I just wanna be able to play my game!!
Message 1 of 7 (484 Views)

Re: the simpsons tapped ouy cannot connect to server

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I've had the same problem for the last week or so. I tried everything from reinstalling the app to password resets. I was able to speak to customer service, and they say that each situation is a bit different. In my case, the system was finicky about the password I was using. It might not accept special characters so try using a simple password. I'm finally back in my game. I hope this helps.

Message 2 of 7 (465 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I too am having this issue , m have also taken all the steps that you have , its the only game not working right on my cell an the only one I wanna play , its been down for About week now on mine N I can't get email back or get there to anyone about this.
Message 3 of 7 (460 Views)

Re: the Simpson tapped out cannot connect to server

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I´m having the same problem since yesterday (2013-05-09) on my Android phone and tablet. I also appear with a weird user name in my friends game. I have tried to connect with another user account/email and it worked. But with mine it is always giving the message "cannot connect to server".I have also tried to connect on IOS and only then my town connected and my town name come back to normal. But I still cannot connect with android.

Should I just wait some time or this is a problem they will not resolve and I should just forget the lost hours and fun that I had and uninstall it for good...?

Message 4 of 7 (444 Views)

Re: the Simpson tapped out cannot connect to server

★★ Novice

What email address can I use to contact EA to solve this issue

Message 5 of 7 (423 Views)

★★ Novice
I contacted ea and they just fobbed me off with uninstall the game and reinstall it which i clearly stated i have done already. Me and my partner have had a quick look on other forums and this problem dates back from last year!! They clearly cant be bothered to fix it so ive had to resort to starting a new game. I tried changing my password twice but it didnt help :-(
Message 6 of 7 (415 Views)

Re: the simpsons tapped out cannot connect to server

★★ Novice
I have seen a lot of peoples problems being fixed after having a 'harp noise' but nothing about the servers being fixed :-( has anyone managed to get onto theyre game yet?
Message 7 of 7 (381 Views)