stuck downloading update at 1070.1MB

by kaptkaos99

Original Post

stuck downloading update at 1070.1MB

★★★ Newbie

My game client is stuck at downloading today's patch at 1070.1MB. The download counter does not advance and I eventually get sent to the infamous Bart Simpson Retry screen. My Internet connection is good (I  created this post using the same device: Samsung Galaxy 12").

Message 1 of 6 (618 Views)

Re: stuck downloading update at 1070.1MB

Have you tried hardclosing the app? Shut off/on device? Cleared cache?
Whenever an update hits theres always a few hours when the servers are working too hard as everyone trys to login at the same time. Annoying but common.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 6 (615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've tried already, but it still doesn't work. 17 hours and it's still the same. I'm using an Android phone too, by the way.

Message 3 of 6 (604 Views)

Another player reported that they uninstalled the app, restarted their device and reinstalled the app....and it worked for them! 

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 4 of 6 (588 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've uninstalled/reinstalled as well as force stopping and clearing the cache...still not working for me either. I'm on an android too.
Message 5 of 6 (578 Views)

I am not sure if it is the android platform, as I run an android device and the updates have installed for me. It might be on your game through the EA side. I would contact them next to see if they can further assist you.

Go to http://help.ea.com/
Click on help with a game
Click on the Simpson's Tapped Out logo
Scroll to the bottom of the page, click on contact us
Select your appropriate platform
Click next on bottom right
Select a topic
Tell us a little more: Simpson's Tapped Out
Click next

You will then have the option for Answer HQ, Live Chat or Email or a Call Me Option!

If you see live chat and want to wait, click it.

If you want to send an email, click that one.

If you want a call back, choose that one and enter a phone number for them to call you back!

NOT EVERY OPTION IS AVAILABLE! DEPENDING ON YOUR LOCATION AND TIME DAY, WILL DEPEND ON YOUR OPTIONS!!

Good luck!

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 6 of 6 (576 Views)