simpsons tapped out: cant get king toots

by whizzkidhe778

Original Post

simpsons tapped out: cant get king toots

★ Novice

I have been playing the Simpsons for almost 2 years and I can't get king toots building. Lisa can't do the quest "visit king toots". The quest to unlock king toots is locked. I can't do "we don't sell mypods pt 2. 
Can someone help me unlock ting toots? Lisa also can't play the sax.
Userid: whizzkidhe778

Message 1 of 21 (14,624 Views)

Re: simpsons tapped out: cant get king toots

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

According to a walkthrough, to get King Toot's you need to do the following:

Quests:
1. Skinner prompts Lisa to play the saxophone 3 times (4 hours each ) (We Don't Sell myPods Pt. 1)
2. Build King Toot's (24 hours) (We Don't Sell myPods Pt. 2)

Required Level: 17
Required Quests:
1. Truffle Surprise Pt. 4 - Homer & Marge dine at Gilded Truffle

Do you have the Gilded Truffle? Also, what tasks are in your task bar at the moment and which were the last quests you had from the main questline? 

Message 2 of 21 (14,601 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar problem.  When I click on King Toot's in the Building menu, it says I have to reach level 17 (which is checked) and start the "We Don't Sell myPods Pt. 2" quest (which is NOT checked).  When I click on the Lisa icon from the task book, the quest is called "Two Minutes of Hate Pt.1" with the task to build King Toot's.  So how do I complete the myPods quest if it is now called the Hate quest?

Message 3 of 21 (14,573 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SteveHiller wrote:

I am having a similar problem.  When I click on King Toot's in the Building menu, it says I have to reach level 17 (which is checked) and start the "We Don't Sell myPods Pt. 2" quest (which is NOT checked).  When I click on the Lisa icon from the task book, the quest is called "Two Minutes of Hate Pt.1" with the task to build King Toot's.  So how do I complete the myPods quest if it is now called the Hate quest?

The "Two Minutes of Hate" questline is to do with a limited time building (Guitar Central). The game always puts precedence on limited time questlines over main questlines. If you complete the "Two Minutes of Hate" questline, which if you don't buy the Guitar Central building is only a couple of parts, you should find the main questline kick in again unless there's any other seasonal/limited time quests you haven't completed.

Message 4 of 21 (14,568 Views)

★ Novice

I have the gilded truffle. Lisa can't unlock play sax, andking toots is locked. I have to complete we don't sell mypods part 2. But I don't have that quest. I'm level 46 and that quest never happened.

Message 5 of 21 (14,513 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@whizzkidhe778 wrote:

I have the gilded truffle. Lisa can't unlock play sax, andking toots is locked. I have to complete we don't sell mypods part 2. But I don't have that quest. I'm level 46 and that quest never happened.

I've got a level 7 feeder town and Lisa is able to do the 4 hour play sax task even at that level. Have you tried just sending her on the Play Sax task 3 times in a row and seeing if that does anything? Or are you saying that you can't even have her do it as a standard task, in other words it's greyed out? 

Message 6 of 21 (14,500 Views)

★ Novice
Lisa can't play the sax at all. Its greyed out and locked.
Message 7 of 21 (14,487 Views)

Hero (Retired)

If the task is completely greyed out, it might be a case of you having to open a support ticket with EA to see if there's anything they can do. Because there are no buildings associated with the task unlike some of her other quests and because you can't store the building she comes with, I don't know if there's a way to reset her yourself without having to get technical help. 

The only other thing I can think of is to maybe store Springfield Elementary and then place it back in your town to see if Skinner causes the quest to kick in, but I would have thought it would have happened long before now considering you've been playing for two years. 

Other than that, there's not much else I can think of unless someone else on the AHQ board is able to suggest something. 

Message 8 of 21 (14,481 Views)

★ Novice
I've tried storing the school and closing the game and reopening and placing school. No luck. How do I open a trouble ticket?
Message 9 of 21 (14,461 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Go to https://help.ea.com/contact-us
Type "Simpsons Tapped Out" in to the search bar titled "search all products"
Click on the "Simpsons Tapped Out" logo. Some popular troubleshooting options will appear in the window to the right.
If these don't solve your problem, click the "Next" button that's located below the initial recommendations box.
Select your appropriate platform
The window to the right will update with some more relevant troubleshooting guides. If none of these are relevant to your issue, click "Next" again.
On the next screen click on the "select a topic" scroll bar and scroll down to the issue relevant to you.
Insert some more details in to the box below and then click on "Next"
Depending on the time of day, your location and the nature of your problem you will then have a range of options to contact EA. These could include links to support articles relevant to your problem, a callback from EA; a live chat with an agent, or the ability to email EA Support.

Choose the one that suits you best and carry on from there. 

Hope you get it sorted.

Message 10 of 21 (14,453 Views)