simpsons tapped out cant connect to server

by josh11770

Original Post

simpsons tapped out cant connect to server

★★★★ Novice

I know there's many threads about this but I haven't seen a solution in any of them and they all have last replies in like 2013 so... anyway when I connect to my ea account the game sends me to the error screen but when I don't connect it imy perfectly fine?

Message 1 of 5 (219 Views)

Re: simpsons tapped out cant connect to server

Hero (Retired)

@josh11770 Moved your thread to the correct forum section. 

Message 2 of 5 (212 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks, btw if this thread doesn't receive any answers, is there a live chat support or a number I can call about this? Its been a few years of Bart pulling my plug...

Message 3 of 5 (190 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Unfortunately there's no 100% guaranteed to work "fix-all" solution to this. Things you can try that have worked for others in the past are:

- Force closing all other apps on your device to free up as much of your device's memory as possible.
- Ensuring that you are connected to a Wi-Fi connection rather than 3G/4G to ensure you have the fastest internet connection possible.
- Accessing from a different Wi-Fi connection than usual. Some players have found they were able to access their town while at a friend's house while not being able to access their town from their own house.
- Trying to access your town at quieter periods of the day when it is likely that fewer people are playing and the servers won't be as busy.
- Accept or decline any pending friend requests. There have been reports from players with 80+ pending friend requests that they suffer severe performance issues on their games or an inability to even access their game.

I appreciate some of these involve you going out of your way to make a game work that should work off bat.

If you're still having trouble and you want to get in touch with EA's technical support, then you can do so by opening a ticket via http://help.ea.com/contactus

Message 4 of 5 (183 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem since the latest in-game update. I can connect anonymously or through a 3g network, but not by wifi. After I log in and tap to continue, the donut just spins until the retry screen. I'm using an iPad and have tried all the recommend methods for fixing the problem, but none have worked.
Message 5 of 5 (169 Views)