"Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please log into that device before playing." I don't have another device.

by dlestina

Original Post

The Simpsons - Tapped Out

★★★ Newbie
I have just updated The Simpsons Tapped Out and I have received the warning Your Other Device Did Not Save Your Springfield. Please Log Into That Device Before Playing. I have no other device only an IPad. Please advise what I need to do?
Message 21 of 29 (2,272 Views)

Re: "Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please log into that device before playing." I don't have another device.

★★★ Newbie

Here's an e-mail that I received from EA customer experience about this error.

"This error happesn from time to time when you lose your internet connection while playing

the game.  Often you do not even notice that this happens, but when you try to log in

the next time you will see this screen (no screen shot included in the message)

Just click on Play Now.  You will then see this screen (no screen shot included in the message)

Most of the time there is no progress lost at all.  It can happen that you will find some

of the Springfieldians walking around and not being on the tasks you gave them.

So just click "continue" here and you will be back in your game."

I've been afraid to try this because I don't want to lose money and time put into the game.

I am apparently still logged into the game and it's doing things in the background. 

Yesterday the game updated with the Valentines Day updates and I got some background

messages with people asking to be friends.

Is there any telephone or live chat customer support available from EA? 

Message 22 of 29 (2,251 Views)

Re: "Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please log into that device before playing." I don't have another device.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I just got this exact message and I'm officially a level 30 but really should be more like level 32 or possibly 33... I've lost track. Anyway, I guess I'll try what that email said because I'm sure if I email them I will get the exact same message back. Wish me luck. :'(

Edit: it worked, phew! So relieved because if I lost my Springfield after all that effort, I know I wouldn't bother playing again.
Message 23 of 29 (1,852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Having this problem AGAIN. Figured I'd make a note of it here in case I get completely screwed. It thinks I have a level 6 Springfield and wanted to restore that. I said no and cancelled. Ugh!
Message 24 of 29 (1,831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

DID WHAT SEXBEXY DID!!!!!!! TOTALLY WORKS!!! NO JOKE!!!! :O

Message 25 of 29 (1,531 Views)

Re: "Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please log into that device before playing

★★★ Newbie

i also clicked on play now and i came into someone else his si mps o n w o rld .  he lp 

Message 26 of 29 (1,077 Views)

Re: "Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please log into that device before playing

★★★ Newbie
Can someone help me??!!
So I play TO almost every day on my phone. I have the app downloaded to a tablet of mine but im not logged in on it and I havent picked that thing up in months. But yesterday I got the "log into other device..." message. So I googled people's responses and most ppl are saying to just go ahead and sign in, so I did. When I signed in I had lost so many buildings!!! The prison was gone, cletus' farm was gone, all of my buildings on the harbor was gone, and I had like 7 rows of brown houses and random ones of those are gone too. Awkwardly I have at least 120,000 dollars more than I had before, the few 8 donuts I had are gone, and I jad enough hearts for 4 more spins but now I dont even have enough for one
Bare in mind there wasnt anyone that came into my house like a friend and messed with it, I was on it just fine only 2 hours prior, I didn't log out try to hack the game or anything....I dont know what to do now
Message 27 of 29 (937 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Can someone help me??!!
So I play TO almost every day on my phone. I have the app downloaded to a tablet of mine but im not logged in on it and I havent picked that thing up in months. But yesterday I got the "log into other device..." message. So I googled people's responses and most ppl are saying to just go ahead and sign in, so I did. When I signed in I had lost so many buildings!!! The prison was gone, cletus' farm was gone, all of my buildings on the harbor was gone, and I had like 7 rows of brown houses and random ones of those are gone too. Awkwardly I have at least 120,000 dollars more than I had before, the few 8 donuts I had are gone, and I jad enough hearts for 4 more spins but now I dont even have enough for one
Bare in mind there wasnt anyone that came into my house like a friend and messed with it, I was on it just fine only 2 hours prior, I didn't log out try to hack the game or anything....I dont know what to do now
Message 28 of 29 (937 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Mkristos: It sounds like you had a roll back or maybe got another town. First, try to delete the app and reinstall. Then log back in. See if it's your town. If it shows a lower level town and says "is this your town, click no." If it says "you are about to creat a new town" click ok to load your town. If that doesn't work or it doesn't ask that and you still see this incorrect town, you will need to contact ea. Follow the link: https://help.ea.com/

Type in your problem. Then when the option comes up, click on "Need more help." An option to email ea will come up.

If my answer helped you out and provided a solution, please mark it solved so others can benefit. XP is not required but is greatly appreciated if my answer was helpful. Thank you.
Message 29 of 29 (935 Views)