level 43 stuck on The Princess and the Pea-Brain Pt. 1 - cant place balloons

by drews94580

Original Post

Accepted Solution

level 43 stuck on The Princess and the Pea-Brain Pt. 1 - cant place balloons

★★ Novice

Before the questline started I purchased a scratchy and poochie balloon. Then when the quest started I then purchased two more balloons, but it did not clear the quest. I have tried adding them to inventory and putting them back in krustyland. I have tried buying more balloons, but that doesnt work. I tried adding them all to inventory, and buying more while the originals are in inventory. I have about 8 poochies and 4 scratchy balloons. I have no way to continue the quest lines now. Any help?

Message 1 of 163 (11,725 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: level 43 stuck on The Princess and the Pea-Brain Pt. 1 - cant place balloons

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I am marking this post as a solution to draw attention to the actions needed to be taken to resolve this if this issue is affecting your game. I am not in any way saying the issue no longer exists, just highlighting the steps needed to be taken. If all else fails, get in touch with EA Support directly using the link at the bottom of this post. Posting your details here will no longer ensure they are passed on to EA's technical team automatically. You must open a ticket with EA Support yourself to get this issue fixed if the troubleshooting steps below don't work for you.

Troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure you have completed the Vulgari Aspirations questline with Bernice Hibbert
- Make sure you have built the Itchy&Scratchy studio (Islands in the Revenue Stream Part 1 questline)
- When placing the balloons, select the balloons by clicking on the Princess icon in your task bar then "Do It". This should open the build menu with the balloons. Place the first balloon and it should show as "1/2" on the task bar. Again, click on the Princess icon in the task bar and then "Do It." Place the second balloon in the same way.
- Make sure the balloons you're placing are either the Itchy balloon and/or the Scratchy balloon and/or the Poochy balloon. No other balloons will count towards completion of the task

Krustyland balloons

If you are still unable to have the balloon task show as complete then open a ticket with EA Support via http://help.ea.com/contactus to have them investigate the issue at their end for you.

View in thread

Message 150 of 163 (6,912 Views)

All Replies

Re: level 43 stuck on The Princess and the Pea-Brain Pt. 1 - cant place balloons

Hero (Retired)

Can you place them all in Springfield and go back to Krustyland? What happens? Also, does it show 2/2 or 0/2 when it comes to balloon placement @drews94580 ? That will tell me if the task is just stuck or it's not accepting the placement. 

Message 2 of 163 (11,450 Views)

★★ Novice
It is 0/2 for balloon placement. I tried to remove the balloons from inventory, but it says they are for krustyland only.
Message 3 of 163 (11,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Did you buy them in Krustyland? If you had some that you bought in Springfield and brought them over, they won't count, according to one walkthrough I looked at. Maybe the game is being picky about which ones you place. (Sort of like there is one Kwik E Mart associated with Apu only.)

If you have enough Krustyland tickets, I'd sell all the Scratchy ones and buy two new Scratchy ones (I bought two the same) hoping that solves it. (I could send you off to a game advisor, but by the time they got back to you, the next update could be out. So I'd personally try this easy fix.) But it's up to you. To contact a game advisor use this link: https://help.ea.com .

One other thought is, I had waited until the Tavern on the Scream was started before I bought the balloons (as I had no Krustyland tickets) and maybe that's why mine worked.

I'm kinda at a loss why it won't accept those two balloons if you bought them in Krustyland after being given the prompt. Maybe someone else will have an idea @drews94580 .

Message 4 of 163 (11,444 Views)

Hero (Retired)
After visiting the other forum for Tapped Out: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10136464.page I'm going to take a guess it's not gonna work. But let me know if you get it or don't get it to work. I think this might be a glitch in the game. It seems that if one was sitting in your inventory it messes it up. And it should let you sell them.
Message 5 of 163 (11,440 Views)

★★ Novice
Nothing works for me. Sounds like a bug. I have the same problem as those in thr forum link you provided.
Message 6 of 163 (11,435 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact issue and have bought over 7 more different scratchy and poochy balloons 

since then, tried re downloading the game clearing data/cache replacing the ride and contacting ea about it(no replies yet).

Hope a patch comes along soon...

Message 7 of 163 (11,408 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Not working for me either. Does it depend if you use an I phone or android or a different platform?
Message 8 of 163 (11,382 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here too. I've tried everything.

Message 9 of 163 (11,370 Views)

placement of balloons in Krustyland is not registering

★★★ Novice

I have now purchased and placed nine balloons in Krustyland  as part of the quest with Penelope, but not one of them has registered, so I am not being credited with completing that part of the quest. What really bothers me is that one of the balloons was purchased with precious donuts. I have tried numerous strategies in an attempt to have them acknowledged, including placing them into storage, then logging out and back in again. Nothing has worked. Can you help me please? Thanking you in advance for your kind assistance. I am tignkit562.

Message 10 of 163 (11,329 Views)