Re: [confirmed] Bug in the Premium Items that increase the % of the earnings

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

[confirmed] Bug in the Premium Items that increase the % of the earnings

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello everybody, 

I looked of the last pages but I did not find a topic that compares to mine, but if there is one - please let me know. 

The point is, that we figured out that the +% Premium items in STO just do not work. If you finish a job and let me say have premium items that should increase for 10% this just does not happened. You get an increase - but this is only the % amount of your Star rating and ignores the the premium items totally. 

For me I can't say if this was always, or is new - but I can do the math with my items at the moment. 

What I have is: 

1x Springfield Sign 4,5% 
1x Plasma Cannon 3,75% 
1x Tire Fire 2.00% 

1x Tree Swing 0.50% 
1x Burning Bush 0.50% 
3x Apple Tree 0.50% 
2x Dumpster? 0.25% 
2x Bench? 0.25% 
1x Homer's Hammock 0,25% 
5x Picket Fence 0.05% 

+ 3,5 Star Rating 3,5% 
================================================================= 
17,75% 

So all my items together should increase my jobs by at least 17% 
and of course sometimes its hard to calculate but let us check the single quests 

Quests: 
Homer eat @ Krusty written 40, should be 46, is 42 (<5%) 

Buy stuff in the Kwik-E-Mart written 70, should be at least 81 , is 73 (<5%) 
Willey playing the bag pipe written 70, should be at least 81 , is 73 (<5%) 
APU Feed 8 written 70, should be at least 81 , is 73 (<5%) 
Tomacco written 70, should be at least 81 , is 73 (<5%) 

I have a long list with different examples, but we checked with at least 10 other users, and everybody reported the same.

So please - we have a 4 Pages, 5000 View thread in the other forum - not knowing that this forum here seams to be moderated (what the other forum is not) 

EA already confirmed , that bug but closed all tickets on this. 

Can anybody tell me why this is happening, and when this will be fixed, or if even somebody is working on that ? 

Thanks a lot for reading and best regards

Swede 

Message 1 of 25 (9,703 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can confirm that as of today premium items DO NOT WORK and are not giving any bonus to xp or money.  The only bonus being used is the conformity bonus.  I have the following premium items that give a bonus:

Hammock--.25%
Burning bush--(x3) 1.5%
Bench--.25%
White fence--(x11) .55%
Orange tree--.5%

Total 3.05% bonus from premium items

my conformity bonus is currently 4.5%

Grand total: 7.55%

A one hour mission will give a base cash amount of 70.  To figure out the base plus bonus we multiply the base by 1.0755.

So... 70 * 1.0755 = 75.285 

i have noticed amounts round up to the next whole number in this game, so I should be getting $76.

HOWEVER, the actual amount I am getting from one hour missions is only 74.  Instead of using all bonuses, the game is only using my conformity bonus...

70 * 1.045 = 73.15 (rounded up to 74)

Earlier today I had a 3% conformity bonus and only got $73 from one hour missions...

70 * 1.03 = 72.1 (rounded up to 73)

Sure, it's only a couple dollars difference for me, but I only have a few of the cheapest premium items and I am using a low reward hour long quest for this example.  I tested on longer missions and had the exact same results.  For those who actually bought a bunch of premium items and should be getting 15% bonus and up, this is a big deal.  

This bug has been confirmed by multiple people in this thread: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9032745.page

Message 2 of 25 (9,669 Views)

★ Apprentice

I  can confirm that as of today premium items do not make any difference in xp and money.  The only bonus being used is the conformity bonus.  I have the following premium items that give a bonus:

Hammock--.25%
Burning bush--.5%
Bench--.25%
White fence--(x10) .50%
Dumpster--.25%

Tire Fire--2.00%

Total 3.30% bonus from premium items

my conformity bonus is currently 3.5%

Grand total: 6.80%

I however only receive the 3.5% bonus from the conformity bonus

This needs to be fixed

Message 3 of 25 (9,633 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your very detailed reports. The developers are looking into this now.

I will get back with more information as soon as we have them. But please keep in mind that the investigation and development can take some time.

Thanks,

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 4 of 25 (9,584 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

ok first data update went in - EA - i really hope that you are sending an system update via app store asap that fixes this bug...

oh i see you have added new +% multiplier items - great - I love them !

but - Folks - if you added them and did not fix that bug, i must think that you just do not care anyone here...

and as i forgot: Thank you Ursula for keeping us updated that at least somebody is here in the Forum!

Message 5 of 25 (9,418 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree if this is still an issue why keep coming out with items for us to get that dont actually do anything?  I have a couple premium items that I got just for the bonuses and now its just wasted money....

Message 6 of 25 (9,308 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same issue and wanted to know about resolution of said issue and what is being done to compensate those of us that didn't receive what we paid for.

Message 7 of 25 (9,264 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If it is such a complex problem, then perhaps EA should STOP SELLING ITEMS THAT DO NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED!!!

Message 8 of 25 (9,137 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ursula:

Please update us on where EA stands with regards to fixing this issue. It has been over a month since the original post informed you of this issue and there has been no visible sign of progress while the developers continue to release premium items that do not work.

I double checked this today and, though you have several good examples above, I will add my results to the thread as they contain several of the more recent (and expensive) items.

Itchy Balloon: +2% XP and $. Cost: 40 donuts.

Snowball Balloon: +0.5% XP and $. Cost: 20 donuts.

Piece-of-Crap Car: +0.75% XP and $. Cost 30 donuts.

Tree Swing: +0.5 % XP and $. Cost 20 donuts.

Burning Bush: +0.5% XP and $. Cost 20 donuts. (I have 3 of these for +1.5% and 60 donuts)

Orange Tree: +0.5% XP and $. Cost 15 donuts. (I have 4 of these for +2% and 60 donuts)

Apple Tree: +0.5% XP and $. Cost 15 donuts. (I have 4 of theses for +2% and 60 donuts)

Bench (with blue jacket): +0.25% XP and $. Cost 6 donuts.

Picket Fence (white): +.05% XP and $. Cost 1 donut. (I have 8 of these for +0.4% and 8 donuts)

Springfield Sign: +4.5% XP and $. Cost 170 donuts.

Ray Gun: +3.75% XP and $. Cost 100 donuts.

My Coform-o-Meter bonus is currently at 4.5%.

So my total bonus to job XP and $ should be 22.65%.

Using the same math formulas as in the above posts, I tested a 4 hour job and a one hour job at random.

Bart: Shop at the Kwik-E-Mart. Base reward: $70 and 17 XP. Multiplied by 1.2265 I should have received $86 and 21 XP. I actually received $74 and 18 XP which represents the 4.5% Conformity bonus with nothing extra added.

Lisa: Play the Sax. Base reward: $175, 45 XP. Multiplied by 1.2265 I should have received $215 and 56 XP. I actually received $183 and 48 XP.

Fixing this issue needs to be one of EA's top priorities for three reasons:

1. As pointed out by previous posts, the developers continue to add new premium items to the game with no regard to the fact that these items do not do what they are advertised to do.

2. New levels and new buildings require more and more XP and in-game dollars. When the new Post Office costs over $200,000, players who have paid for premium items to help earn that money need to benefit from their purchases.

3. Most importantly, these premium items all cost Real World dollars. While the actual cost of a donut depends on the bulk number purchased, using the middle-of-the road amount (Truckload of 300 Donuts for $20 USD), each donut costs 7 cents. I'm somewhat embarrased as this is the first time I've actually added up how much I've spent for premium items. The items listed above cost me a total of $40.18 and they quite simply do not do what they are advertised to do.

In addition to fixing this issue, EA needs to make some kind of in-game restitution to the players who have spent real dollars on premium items that are not helping them advance in the game. I realize it is impossible to know how much each player has spent, but some effort to make ammends is called for.

If we can not get a satisfactory result in the near future, I will be forced to take this issue up with theITunes Store.

Thank you.

Message 9 of 25 (9,012 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here is what I have:

1x Springfield Sign 4.50%

1x Tire Fire 2.00%

1x Tree Swing 0.50%

3x Burning Bush 0.50%

2x Apple Tree 0.50%

2x Dumpster 0.25%

3x Bench 0.25%

1x Homer's Hammock 0.25%

1x Planter 0.25%

40x Picket Fence 0.05%

Conformity Bonus of  4.00%

Total of 17.25% and while my in game experience varies I'm only getting around 4 to 5 percent on my jobs and rent.

I have contacted apple to get a refund and will be contacting my lawyer to see what other options are available because of EAs inaction. My $50 is far less of a big deal than the sum of which EA has been collecting/stealing for all users from their in-game currency which provides no in game value as advertised.

Message 10 of 25 (8,974 Views)