character task menu not staying open

by keydo41811

Original Post

character task menu not staying open

★★★ Newbie

I go to send my character to do a task but before I can click on a task the menu closes and sometimes it does not want to open at all unless I tap on the character 20-30 times

Message 1 of 14 (801 Views)

Re: character task menu not staying open

Champion (Retired)

@keydo41811 wrote:

I go to send my character to do a task but before I can click on a task the menu closes and sometimes it does not want to open at all unless I tap on the character 20-30 times

I've been experiencing this issue as well, although usually the second attempt does it.  This started with one of the last two updates -- as you recall they were only a few hours apart -- and numerous players have reported the same thing.  We are hoping for a fix with either a patch update or the next time EA sends out a regular content update.  In the meantime, know that you are not alone in this issue!

Anyone else who is experiencing this should click on ME TOO in the first post to help let EA know how widespread the problem is.

If this helps resolve your issue, please click accept solution as this may help others with the same issue to find a resolution as well.  XP is appreciated but not required.

Message 2 of 14 (758 Views)

Hero (Retired)

When it gets so bad that the list won't stay open long enough to assign a task I just have to close the game completely and restart my Nexus 7.  It closes on my iPad Mini as well, but I've never had to restart it to be able to assign tasks.

Message 3 of 14 (753 Views)

★★ Novice
My task bar closes as well with some of the characters before I can send them. Usually, I can cycle through a second time to catch the ones who auto close. But this is a recent problem and adds time and frustration.
Message 4 of 14 (672 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ditto. Unable to keep task menu open. Re click many times different characters will appear. Please fix. New iPad 2 .
Message 5 of 14 (637 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks for getting this and so many issues worked on
Message 6 of 14 (575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Me too. At first, I thought I was accidentally hitting the back button on my Android phone, but it's happened so often now I know it isn't me . . . And seeing it happening to others confirms it. Fix?
Message 7 of 14 (498 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Pain in the bottom. Please fix.
Message 8 of 14 (466 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It appears to have something to do with houses or buildings completing their tasks. I've noticed it usually happens to me when the Simpsons' house pops it's little dollar sign. If you have several buildings that do this at the same time, it can cause the task menu to keep closing.
Message 9 of 14 (454 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@nyquil012 wrote:
It appears to have something to do with houses or buildings completing their tasks. I've noticed it usually happens to me when the Simpsons' house pops it's little dollar sign. If you have several buildings that do this at the same time, it can cause the task menu to keep closing.

It could be related, but I've had it happen when nothing was popping up.  More importantly, it never did this before the twin updates.  Incidentally, I was hoping for a fix with the next major or minor update, and we've had at least two since the issue started, but still no fix.

If this helps resolve your issue, please click accept solution as this may help others with the same issue to find a resolution as well.  XP is appreciated but not required.

Message 10 of 14 (386 Views)