black login screen

by jonathanlg809

Original Post

Accepted Solution

black login screen

★★★★ Novice

heya does anyone else have this poblem?. whenever i want to play simpsons tapped out on my phone i get gracie films icon and afterwards a black screen and nothing happens i can only play when i restart my phone but as soon as i dont play the game for a while i have to restart my phone again before i can play or else i get black screen again. does anyone else have this problem also ?. i already tried to unstall the game and reinstal but it doesnt work it started happening when easter started of 2014

Message 1 of 9 (274 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: black login screen

My husband just got a new phone also. When he plays Simpons, he has to restart his phone also...well until he told me about the problem. What I had him try was this...after you are finished playing, stop the app from running the background (force close) r if you have a device manager you can close it from there, clean your app cache. That is what I had him do, now he don't have to restart his phone. Although, he says restarting the phone is faster. HA HA. He is still learing his phone functions. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If this has helped you please mark as solved as others may bennifit from it
Give the person that helped you xp...not required but greatly appreciated

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (261 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey, it might be worth checking what other apps you have idle when you see this issue.You mention that on a fresh restart you don't have this happen, perhaps there is interference from another product.

The next time you encounter this, try closing everything else, then start up TSTO again and see if you can make any more progress.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 9 (272 Views)

★★★★ Novice

its a new phone i only have simpsons tapped out app on it phone is only 2 weeks old :P its a LGe460 L5 II

Message 3 of 9 (269 Views)

My husband just got a new phone also. When he plays Simpons, he has to restart his phone also...well until he told me about the problem. What I had him try was this...after you are finished playing, stop the app from running the background (force close) r if you have a device manager you can close it from there, clean your app cache. That is what I had him do, now he don't have to restart his phone. Although, he says restarting the phone is faster. HA HA. He is still learing his phone functions. 

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 4 of 9 (262 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Check for any non-gaming apps that you might have running too, in case these are interfering. It might also be worth checking back on the app periodically to try find the failure point. Also be sure to update your phone's OS if you haven't already.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 9 (259 Views)

★★★★ Novice

just closed all my apps including simpsons tapped out will check again in like 20 mins if i can play without any problems but if i close simpsons app completely will my buildings still continue in progress?

Message 6 of 9 (254 Views)

If you are signing in to play with Origin ID, then your game is saved to their server. Your buildings will still progress, you will get visits from friends, etc. 

Good Luck!

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 7 of 9 (252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

closing all apps and trying to play again after a while seems to help for now and it is faster then restaring phone evry time so tell your husband that your solution works for me now at least so ty for the info :D also ty to EA-david you said the same as vanguard in my eyes Standard smile

Message 8 of 9 (250 Views)

You are so welcome. I am glad that we could help you. A team effort goes along way. EA_David is awesome.

And I will tell him...NO I will show him what you typed when he gets home from work. Hee Hee...Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Happy Tapping

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 9 of 9 (244 Views)