Why is success in game so different?

by sweet_misses

Original Post

Why is success in game so different?

★★★ Newbie
My boyfriend and I both have been playing The Simpsons for years and for one year or so we have noticed the following: although we exactly play the same way during events (checking every 4 hours etc.) I keep earning nearly 5 times more event currency than he does in the same time. I cannot tell when he has last been able to complete an event without spending lots of donuts.
How can that be?
Thank you!
Message 1 of 8 (318 Views)

Re: Why is success in game so different?

that seems extrem in differance.

only thing that can make that much difference is the premium earning buildings and characters.

you also need to remember to collect and reset tasks.

my hubby usually get 50-75% more currency than me, both have fully loaded premium towns and I check in more often.

i see no major differances in my 3 premium free towns, though sometimes one gets ahead of another, depending on daily prize awards.

the 2 anonymous towns are mostly behind but on track, all premium free towns are way behind the premium loaded one

so yeah, there are differances between accounts but i can usually finish events in Anonymous towns without buying the prizes for donuts

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 8 (305 Views)

[ Edited ]

is your multiplier 5 times higher than his? That would make sense.  Check this screen and compare with his. To get to it tap the stars in the left hand lower side of the screen. 

download.jpg

Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 3 of 8 (293 Views)

that would be logical @johncolombo

but my bonus is 50 more than my hubby's and he gets more currency than me Standard smile

maybe its because he actually visits the neighbourhood daily ... LoL :P

though visiting doesnt add 1000s a day ...

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 8 (281 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@johncolombo wrote:

is your multiplier 5 times higher than his? That would make sense.  Check this screen and compare with his. To get to it tap the stars in the left hand lower side of the screen. 

download.jpg

The multiplier does not affect event currency, only cash and xp.

Message 5 of 8 (267 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sweet_misses wrote:
My boyfriend and I both have been playing The Simpsons for years and for one year or so we have noticed the following: although we exactly play the same way during events (checking every 4 hours etc.) I keep earning nearly 5 times more event currency than he does in the same time. I cannot tell when he has last been able to complete an event without spending lots of donuts.
How can that be?
Thank you!

Some questions for you:

• Do you and bf have the same premium characters?
  • Do you and bf have the same buildings?
  • Are you and bf sending the same characters on the same jobs?
  • Are you and bf tapping on the same number of roaming creatures (in the case of THOH we are talking about the beasts)?
  • Are you and bf crafting the same items?
  • Are you and bf visiting the same number of neighbors at the same time?
  • Are you and bf getting the same daily challenges?

These are just some of the things that could be causing inconsistencies other that the random element of SOME of the game elements (for example, in THOH there is a chance to get different giant monsters to send characters to fight, and they can earn more currency).  In general, inconsistencies can happen, but should never happen at the level you have reported.

Message 6 of 8 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Thanks for your answers. We also noticed that I seem to have a lot of more (in the current event) monsters in town than he does. This doesn't seem normal ...
Message 7 of 8 (250 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sweet_misses wrote:
Thanks for your answers. We also noticed that I seem to have a lot of more (in the current event) monsters in town than he does. This doesn't seem normal ...

This sounds a lot like an issue that has been raised previously,

If your bf has a lot of buildings in a tightly spaced area (all bunched up) then the monsters in his game may have become 'stuck' hiding in between the buildings.  If he spaces out his buildings a bit more or stores some of his buildings, it should help.  Otherwise in the edit menu, he can hide buildings and decorations (leaving characters visible) and he should be able to search them out.

Hope this helps.

Message 8 of 8 (240 Views)