Why does the game require me to redownload (1gb+) the entire thing multiple time

by perplepeep246

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why does the game require me to redownload (1gb+) the entire thing multiple time

★ Novice
Any time there is an update, and some times when there isn't, I am required to download an update which goes through a process of downloading what turns out to be over a gb of updates tonmy Android phone. Not only is this super annoying waiting for that huge download, it is also often unfeasible as I'm away from a data network and would be forced tobuse all my mobile data just to play the game! This has been going on for a couple months now. What is wrong?
Message 1 of 6 (682 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why does the game require me to redownload (1gb+) the entire thing multiple

Hero (Retired)

In addition to the storage the game uses for the code, images, and sound files it also need storage space to run.  Remove some stuff from your phone and this should stop.  Transfer some pictures to your home computer or cloud storage.  Remove any apps you aren't using.  

I know this sounds harsh, but physics is physics.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (722 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

In addition to the storage the game uses for the code, images, and sound files it also need storage space to run.  Remove some stuff from your phone and this should stop.  Transfer some pictures to your home computer or cloud storage.  Remove any apps you aren't using.  

I know this sounds harsh, but physics is physics.

Message 2 of 6 (723 Views)

★ Novice
please elaborate how that is going to make a difference. I have plenty of storage on my device (64gb removable storage) and comparable to most people, I have very few pictures, apps, music/video files.There is more than enough storage space for the game multiple times over. So why does it need to redownload the entire game once or more per day?
Message 3 of 6 (653 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The game doesn't reside in or run from removable storage. Only the built in storage counts.

Message 4 of 6 (649 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This has been happening to me also and very annoying. Re-downloads the entire game sometimes twice a day on my android phone. There is plenty of storage as it is a new phone. Never happens on my iPad which is older than dirt. Still waiting for more reasonable explanation

Message 5 of 6 (598 Views)

@beann50746

Do you have the notifications on?

do you usually access the app through the notification?

the reason I ask is because if you try to open the game throught the notification when youre on the LOCKSCREEN, at least for me it causes the game to download again.

if I go to the HOMESCREEN or open the app through the notifications on the HOMESCREEN it works as it should.

only if I try to open it on the LOCKSCREEN it downloads it all.

yes it takes 20sec more to go from LOCKSCREEN to HOMESCREEN before opening the game but downloading +1GB takes several minutes so it is worth that time 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 6 of 6 (588 Views)