Why can I not buy donuts ? "There are no purchases to be restored".

by pauldharle46

Original Post

Re: "no purchases to be restored".

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey @pauldharle46 I'm still waiting for an answer. Sorry about that. 

* Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés *

Answer HQ est avant tout un forum dédié à l'entraide entre joueurs.
Vous avez trouvé la solution à votre problème ? Donnez de l'XP en cliquant sur les boutons "XP" et "Accepter comme solution".

Message 61 of 101 (751 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
we are all waiting for an answer. but who is able to give it? the amount I alone have spent on the game so far should pay for one developer day to fix the issue. a d there are hundreds, if not thousands other paying players. more than a month with no fix is not acceptable.
Message 62 of 101 (748 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had the same issue for a couple of months, but not always..

I haven't noticed if it works after certain updates or not.

After I get the "no purchases to be restored message" if I try again to purchase, nothing at all happens when I select the amount of donuts required..

I think it is related to backing out of a purchase, that's when it seems to occur for me. 

I backed out of a purchase last week & now I can't purchase any this week when I want to

Message 63 of 101 (662 Views)

★★ Novice

I can confirm it is caused by backing out of a purchase.

I could purchase donuts again last night, but thought it was worth testing my theory.

After I backed out of a purchase(by selecting back on my tablet) l once again can't purchase any donuts again and get the "no purchases to be restored" the first time I try.

After that the purchase buttons aren't even selectable until you restart the game.

Then I'm back to the "no purchases to restore" again.

When this occurs it can also slow down receiving rewards, eg kwikemart lottery. It can take about 10 min to receive your cash reward.

Same thing for any other reward based side games that you go into just after backing out of a purchase.

If you are visiting friends, the XP reward popup most of the time doesn't work & you don't earn any donuts by visiting all your friends even though you are at the max level.

When it first happened I uninstalled/reinstalled, signed out back in etc.

Even though this has happened four or five times to me, I have no idea why it starts working again.

It did seem to rectify itself when I spent all of my donuts, but then I earned a couple through daily challenges & spent them again to see if it did make a difference -no, should have saved them as the only way I can currently get donuts is daily challenges or Maggie.

EA - hopefully this gives you some more info to try & rectify the problem 😋

Message 64 of 101 (598 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Good afternoon. 

In my game I don't think I have ever changed my mind/backed out of a purchase, (I've spent many GBPs), but have not been able to buy donuts since May 31st this year.

66 days.

I have missed out on many purchases and items, including The Presidents, Egyptian and pirates, and at the moment I would like to be able to get Bleeding Gums, but getting donuts through XPS and Maggie takes forever.

EA.

Nearly 10 weeks ago I informed you about this.

About 4 weeks ago, after you blamed me, my Visa card, my tablet and everyone else for the fault you finally admitted it was your problem. Since then nothing from you.

I had enjoyed playing the game immensely, but your attitude does leave a lot to be desired. 

Can I have my money back ?

Message 65 of 101 (589 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I, like you, am also waiting for EA to fix this bug. It is a shame that this is taking so long as not only myself but others have pinpointed the errors in their computer code and for some reason, EA is unable to fix their errors. Smh. I am about out of patience myself and if the problem isn't fixed soon, I will go back to being a freemium player instead of spending my hard earned money only to be denied the donuts that I crave.
Message 66 of 101 (569 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has been happening to me for two months also. I have tried contacting them and get a stupid standard, "close your app, unistall, reinstall, clear your cache", and the worst " powerset your phone " when I have told them I'm on a tablet. It seems like they will do nothing , especially after seeing your ordeal. I like the game but if I can't play it, then I won't play it anymore.One full year down the drain.

Message 67 of 101 (549 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can confirm that I have never backed out of a purchase and it has been happening to me nonstop,unlike you as you said it comes back on and off, for two full months.

Message 68 of 101 (545 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tablet

Message 69 of 101 (546 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I bought all the Lemon of Troy bonus donut packets the week they came out and then later bought three more donut packs without the bouses and it went well. I doubt it has anything to do with it.

Message 70 of 101 (538 Views)