Ways to Get Donuts

by habloneruda

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Ways to Get Donuts

★★★★★ Newbie

Wanted to post my thoughts on ways to get Donuts in Tapped Out. Of course, you can always buy them with real money, but I'm interested in picking the community's brain for cheap donuts. 

Here's what I've got:

1. Level up. You usually get 1-2 donuts when you go up a level.

2. Clean up Springfield. Lisa and Homer can uncover donuts when they perform the Clean Up Springfield task about 1 every 5 times (I would estimate). Note that Premium items can also be uncovered when cleaning up Springfield (I found a Burning Bush, for example). My guess is that this is a random system with low odds.

3. Connect with friends. The I-Choo-Choo-Choose You quest will give you a donut for adding friends (or at least, for the versions I've completed).

4. Answer the Mayan God's question correctly the 1st time. It's in the small print. He'll give you 10 donuts for this.

Anyone else find anything else?

Message 1 of 42 (316,599 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ways to Get Donuts

★★★ Newbie
If you lounge Homer in the pool and tap him 10 times or so you receive 10 and a statue. Nice little Easter egg

View in thread

Message 2 of 42 (317,867 Views)

★★★ Newbie

make simpson play with his mypad and make him walk away from other characters, then tap him ten times and you will get 10 donuts and a statue

big fan of tapped out Confusedmileytongue:

View in thread

Message 5 of 42 (317,732 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
If you lounge Homer in the pool and tap him 10 times or so you receive 10 and a statue. Nice little Easter egg
Message 2 of 42 (317,868 Views)

★★★ Newbie

awesome! thank you!

Message 3 of 42 (315,498 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Awesome. That's a good one. Would love to find some other Easter eggs like that. 

Anyone else know of ways to get donuts?

Message 4 of 42 (315,482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

make simpson play with his mypad and make him walk away from other characters, then tap him ten times and you will get 10 donuts and a statue

big fan of tapped out Confusedmileytongue:

Message 5 of 42 (317,733 Views)

★ Apprentice

You can (rarely) get dounts from a mystery box.

Got 30 in one mystery box right after buying a boatload...  (Then EA lost my level-22 Springfield (not to mention my 1,724 remaining donuts and all the premium content).

Message 6 of 42 (315,374 Views)

★ Apprentice

Unfortunately there are not that many ways of getting free donuts in the game.

I think the only other way of getting free donuts is buy getting a Homer Buddah, but from what I have read both of these should be avoided as using donuts to get them is no guarantee of getting donuts back in return.

Effectively the only way to get enough donuts to do anything worth while is buying them with your hard earned cash and I think the general consensus of opinion is that they are far too expensive in comparison to other similar iOS or PS3 etc games.

Message 7 of 42 (315,340 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Do the donuts appear after the tenth or so tap or after the quest is complete?  On my second attempt now and of both possible outcomes in my question so far the former hasn't worked. Thanks!

Message 8 of 42 (315,159 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the advise. It worked!

Any other ways rearrange donuts? (I tried the trick with Homer and his my pad, but it didn't work for me.)

Message 9 of 42 (315,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I tried it first by tapping then resetting the bar that appeared, which reminded me of the time Homer had remaining in the pool. Next, I tried tapping in rapid succession, which worked. I think it only took 10 taps, but I wasn't counting because I was tapping too fast.

Message 10 of 42 (315,007 Views)