Valentines day problem

by Trueroider

Original Post

Valentines day problem

★★ Novice

I am unable to complete the event as I do not have the characters required and will probably not unlock them before the event ends. Frown

Message 1 of 6 (294 Views)

Re: Valentines day problem

Hero (Retired)

Possible solutions:

1.  Invent a time machine and go back in time and start playing sooner.

2.  Buy a bunch of donuts and use them to speed up tasks.

3.  Work at it really hard. Spend every spare moment you can playing the game.

4. Combine solutions 2 and 3.

The anonymous game I use for testing purposes is the same boat.  It's at level 11 and I just don't think I can make it to level 16 by Tuesday morning.  Too many 24 hour tasks.

Of course the same situation happened with the Clash of Clones event in my primary game and Tree House of Horror 2014 in my secondary game.

Message 2 of 6 (261 Views)

★★ Novice

Is the reward worth spending doughnuts on?  What do you get for finishing it, a bonus character?

Message 3 of 6 (250 Views)

A building, two decos and Mona Simpson.

Mona will probably be released for donuts later this year or next Valentine.

only you can decide if it is worth the donuts but if you only want Mona, I'd say wait and spend less. Even if she'll cost 200 Ds when she's re released, it will still be less than rushing all those tasks

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 6 (236 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Started playing 3days ago. Worked my butt off and  I've used every donut I had to rush my buildings but I'm still about 48hrs away from getting my library. All that work and all I'm going to have to show is a delipidated Coconut Babaloo. I'm really disappointed that these events do not take new players into consideration. It's sort of ruined the game for me a bit.

Message 5 of 6 (204 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Well I've been grinding like mad the past few days while spreading a few donuts around frugally to speed up tasks here and there...  And I'm not gonna make it.  And that's with a handful of Premium characters I lucked into from dropping a few donuts on Mystery Boxes just to see what I could win - Squeaky Voice Teen, Kearney, the Blue Haired Lawyer.  I also have Cecil Terwilliger from when I popped into my game during the Terwilliger event (rather than drag my 2 larger devices around I'll just take this old Nexus 7 with me and play both games on it when I go somewhere).

I was at about level 8 with 32 or 34 donuts when I started the event - now I'm just shy of level 14 with 13 donuts left.  My trick was not to pay full price on speeding up tasks.  I'd wait a few hours until the completion price had dropped before speeding stuff up.  So a 24 hour build that cost 12 donuts would be 12 hours + 6 donuts.

I think with a Tray of 132 donuts or possibly even a Stack of 60 Donuts I could finish the event in time,  but I'm not throwing money at this testing game. The only reason I even tried was because I've been trying to test out stuff with the Daily Challenges.  On the upside, I'm 5 levels closer to where I need to be on testing challenges - the ones I'm getting are so easy I keep completing because I'm already doing the required task (Collect Income from Buildings, Complete Character Task, etc).  Oh, and they're all paying out donuts - I need to get some tasks that don't pay out donuts for my testing purposes.

Message 6 of 6 (198 Views)