Too Many Houses / Buildings, I think?

by stupideanamehere

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Too Many Houses / Buildings, I think?

★★★ Newbie

HOW MANY HOUSES / BUILDINGS / CHARACTERS DO YOU HAVE? AND IS YOUR TAPPED OUT GAME SLOWING DOWN?

Think everyone........

Have you been noticing that your game functions get slower, with the more buildings you create/build? I'm to the point where I can't get into my Springfield, even though I can clearly log in. (and logout if I want) When I play anonymously the game is fast and very responsive. I just haven't got 200+ hours in my anonymous Springfield, hence me wanting to get back into my original/account Springfield.

I pretty much have been noticing this slowing issue, as my goal has been to buy all the land first, and build more houses (To generate as much money as possible). I wanted to buy all the land first, then collect a bunch of cash, then starting placing buildings/decorations so I wouldn't have to move my items every week when I run out of space. (and place Town hall and Jebidiah Springfield in the middle of my Springfield)

How I got to this problem....

• First I started with filling my new land with as many Brown houses as possible and the next plots of land to buy were worth round $15000-30000
  • After reaching land worth $30000-50000, I started switching my houses over to Purple to generate more money with less taping.
  • As land was getting more expensive I started switching out Purple houses for Blue houses. (again, more money w/ less taping, more land)
  • Now, I'm at the point where my new land purchases will cost me $77000-$86000. I have around 18 plots of land left to buy. (I believe there are 169 squares/plots of land you can potentially purchase and build on.)

Yes....That's a lot of work. (Playing since April 2012, now it's November 2012)

Now the issue...... Over time I've noticed the game speed steadily decrease. When changing over Brown houses to Purple, I would notice that sometimes I would randomly get disconnected. No problem, I would close the program and restart. Sometimes I would have to relog in. There was also a few times a day that it would visibly be slower, like it was thinking about my last tap/selection.

On that last day of 'normal' play for me (about a week ago), I would get disconnected after building a house or two, for scrolling too fast, for moving houses, etc..., etc...

Well the biggy happened. I basically had somewhere in the neighborhood of 800+ Blue houses (I figure 1000-1200 but can't be sure) and 300'sh Purple houses. (Maybe more?) That last straw came when I deleted about 50 Purple houses to make room for as many Blue houses as I could fit. Well the game has crashed on me.

I believe there's too many timers running (for buildings, characters and jobs), or a vastly inadequate number of servers to handle all the traffic.

I've contacted EA but obviously they pass my concern along and I get no response from Origin.

CONCLUSION: 

My warning to all Simpsons: Tapped Out players is....

First and foremost don't over build, the game will fail on you. (Keep the number of timers running in your Springfield to a lower level, reminder there is a timer on everything)

Secondly don't spend any of your real money on the game until they get all the problems fixed.

IS THE GAME FUN?, ABSOLUTELY.

IS THE SERVICE FRUSTRATING?, IT'S GETTING ALMOST AS BAD FOR ME AS WHEN THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK WENT DOWN.

Message 1 of 8 (4,069 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Too Many Houses / Buildings, I think?

★★★ Newbie

Jason? Too long too read, so you reply instead? Weird?

UPDATE

I was able to get back into my account although I needed to tip toe, so I wouldn't get booted out. As soon as I could see my Springfield I started deleting purple houses.

I had around 330 Purple houses, and just under 700 Blue Houses. From what I can tell if you have 800+ houses/timers your game will slow down significantly. If you build 900-1000+ houses/timers, you risk having your Springfield become inaccessible like me. The only time my game would allow me in was when there was a daily bonus menu pop up.

Is this game fun?  Absolutely, the Christmas theme is nice.

Worth spending real money on? Im not sure. With all the reports of people losing their Springfield and starting over, I wouldn't risk real cash. I've read that EA/Origin will offer you some donuts and all your purchased items back, but you still have to start at square one. For me, they have to offer me a full refund + all the items I've paid for free. /OR/ Compensate you with something like 100,000 free donuts so you can skip all the tasks, and building times to get back to where I was.

SIDE NOTE: Playing the original Battlefield for free is awesome, thanks origin. If you never played it, give it a try.

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (4,207 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

tl;dr

Message 2 of 8 (4,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Jason? Too long too read, so you reply instead? Weird?

UPDATE

I was able to get back into my account although I needed to tip toe, so I wouldn't get booted out. As soon as I could see my Springfield I started deleting purple houses.

I had around 330 Purple houses, and just under 700 Blue Houses. From what I can tell if you have 800+ houses/timers your game will slow down significantly. If you build 900-1000+ houses/timers, you risk having your Springfield become inaccessible like me. The only time my game would allow me in was when there was a daily bonus menu pop up.

Is this game fun?  Absolutely, the Christmas theme is nice.

Worth spending real money on? Im not sure. With all the reports of people losing their Springfield and starting over, I wouldn't risk real cash. I've read that EA/Origin will offer you some donuts and all your purchased items back, but you still have to start at square one. For me, they have to offer me a full refund + all the items I've paid for free. /OR/ Compensate you with something like 100,000 free donuts so you can skip all the tasks, and building times to get back to where I was.

SIDE NOTE: Playing the original Battlefield for free is awesome, thanks origin. If you never played it, give it a try.

Message 3 of 8 (4,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm currently getting the same issue.  As of right now I can't even load into the game, as soon as the music starts the game will crash instantly, giving me no chance of "tip-toeing around". It only seems to do this when there are actual houses being built though, when my game last crashed i was building 24 blue houses, and it just so happens that those building are right where the screen resets itself to on every open of the game.

PLEASE HELP EA

Message 4 of 8 (3,752 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Keep trying. Memory allocation problems MAY go away as the OS adjusts... Sometimes it takes me 2 hours of trying before I can touch the houses... :-(

EA programmers do not seem to be too strong on verifying allocation failures...

Message 5 of 8 (3,745 Views)

★ Novice
Might be something to with Fat Tony , legs and Louie . I removed fat Tony's compound , then replaced it , the game went back to full speed , seems Louie was suck off screen .
Message 6 of 8 (2,261 Views)

★ Novice
Try removing then replacing fat Tony's compound it worked for me
Message 7 of 8 (2,257 Views)

★ Pro

Tony's Compound did not work for me. Also awhile back I got a warning first popped up that said you have now 2400 items in your Springfield that can cause problems. So I sold tons of bushes and flowers that I had scattered around. But now my Springfield is running so slow it's unplayable. I have a ticket in with EA but after they forwarded it on to a senior analyst they told me it could be 1-2 weeks because they are so backlogged with requests for fixing glitches.

Message 8 of 8 (2,252 Views)