Tapped out the Simpsons game shuts down after finishing quest

by cindytomac

Original Post

Tapped out the Simpsons game shuts down after finishing quest

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It's going on 4 days that Ivan play and the game is stuck on the screen " Goal Complete" congratulations you completed the black hole PT 3 collect your reward. And when I click it, it boots me out of the game, I don't want to reset as I payed money for donuts and will lose everything.

How do I fix this? HELP PLEASE.

Message 1 of 6 (1,519 Views)

Re: Tapped out the Simpsons game

Community Manager

Hi cindytomac,

Have you already tried closing the game app from the multitasking menu and then reopening it. It may take a couple tries for your Springfield to appear again. You also may have to log in again with your Origin account.

Just in case - here's how to close the app:

• Exit The Simpsons: Tapped Out
  • Double-click the home button on your device to bring up the multitasking bar at the bottom
  • Tap and hold the Tapped Out icon until you see the red "minus" button
  • Tap the red "minus" button to close the app

Hope that helps!

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,495 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your respond.... I did what you said and now my game reset to a new Springfield , I don't mind but now I lost my $10 of dollars worth of donuts.

Message 3 of 6 (1,485 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay got my husband to help me step by step on your request to help and it didnt work.... any other tasks that would help fix the proplem.

Message 4 of 6 (1,470 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, i made a new account which is now cindytomac88

I bought a truckload of donuts and used them to advance to where I was in the old account. Now im at the same part as I added the black hole as the quest..... And the same thing happened! What is going on?   Now I closed the ipad, double clicked the ipad and held down the app which showed the red minus, i pressed it, it went away, i closed the ipad,  started it up again signed in and the same screen showed up, Goal Completed congratulations you completed "" BLACK HOLE"" collect your award and it closes the app.....

I reload and do this repeatedly also i sign out and sign in and same thing!! HELP PLEASE 

You guys created an addicting game which now i had to open a new account because of same problem as i also in total paid 3 purchases, $9.99 on old account and 2 $19.99 to catch up, PLEASE HELP.... or im just a sucker Frown

Message 5 of 6 (1,414 Views)

★★ Novice
Your not the only one with that feeling or problem don't worry we all are (suckers) it seems Happy Halloween from origins and EA , Trick & no treat!
Message 6 of 6 (1,384 Views)