Re: Tapped Out CRITICAL BUG (iOS 7 - Users can log in on another users accounts)

by choochoo33

Original Post

Re: Tapped Out CRITICAL BUG (iOS 7 - Users can log in on another users accounts)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this issue, and in addition to this, somebody destroyed my town!

All but four of my donuts were spent, every building except the Simpsons house is gone, my streets are gone, every person except Homer and Lisa are gone.

This is serious. I paid money for those donuts.

Message 11 of 70 (2,067 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same with me, every time I access the game now I am presented with a random users account and town. Though I don't expect every application to work (it's a development device with a beta OS on it), this is concerning because it doesn't necessarily cause problems for those people who are using iOS7 ... the actual impact of this issue is more likely (imho) to be on people using iOS6 (as the majority OS on iPhones which support the game). Currently it would appear there are a bunch of devices out there which are able to access anyones town whether or not that 'anyone' has beta software installed.

Message 12 of 70 (2,065 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am sure, people using iOS 6 are super-safe. That bug impacts iOS 7 users only.

Message 13 of 70 (2,049 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's an awfully big assumption. I discovered that my town was destroyed after I signed on using a different device.

Message 14 of 70 (2,024 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@akalamala: I don't know at the moment if this only impacts on people using iOS7, do you have confirmation that it does? When I access the app I am simply presented with other users towns. Whether all the towns I get access to are those of other people who are using iOS7 or include people who are using other operating systems (iOS6/Android) too is an unknown (unless anyone here knows different and can confirm?). If we are only able to access the towns of other users on iOS7 then tough luck to us but if we are also able to access the towns of those using the app on iOS[<7] or Android then, through no fault of their own, users of these other operating systems may have unscrupulous folks riding into town and leaving a trail of destruction.

Message 15 of 70 (2,023 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, I'm about to login to my town. I can only hope it has been left untouched...

Additionally, I want to know how this can happen!

Message 16 of 70 (2,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi,

Since when I installed iOS 7 I got logged in as other users. A while ago somebody spent all my 66 donuts.
I know that since iOS 7 is under beta and NDA we can't talk about that. But this bug has to be resolved ASAP.
Message 17 of 70 (1,954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have had iOS 7 for a couple days now.  Just opened Tapped Out and I was also logged into someone elses account.  Logging back into my account I realized that 66 of my Donuts were spent, duff brewery was gone, duff stadium was gone, budhist temple was gone, city hall was gone, burns manor was gone, fat tonis complex was gone, lardland donuts was gone, Power plant was gone, mapple store was gone, im sure there's more but can't remmeber at the moment.  It's very frustrating to see all the work that was put in disappear all of a sudden.

Spoke to an "EA Advisor", they assured me that the Tech department is aware of the issue and is working to solve it.  Hopefully they can recompensate those that have been effected.

Message 18 of 70 (1,943 Views)

My Simpsons Tapped out has been hacked

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, 

So yesterday morning i went to log into my Tapped Out it was sining me in on a user name ive never seen. I logged out and logged back into my account when trying to log into my accout my user name and password wouldnt match. So i reset my password and when i finally got back into my land everything was GONE! has anyone had this happen to them? and has EA fixed it. Ive already spoken to support but they are not giving me much info just that they are "working on it"

Message 19 of 70 (1,801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@donjonmac: I am pretty sure it does not impact users on other platforms 'cause I am experienced developer and I know the reason. Can't talk about it here, but I gave a hint on the first page. For now game gives access not to just random user's account, but to account of last user authorized on server. It means that if I log on and you try to open a game just in a second after me you'll have access to my account, but in the same time you will be the next. So if you want to avoid that just do not open the game untill the next update or downgrade back to iOS 6. That's my advice.

Message 20 of 70 (1,883 Views)