Re: THOH cannot tap rats at all

by thedribz

Original Post

THOH cannot tap rats at all

★★★ Novice
Hi,

I got the THOH update and on the log in screen it shows the loading page for it with Lisa ans her camera and once on the game I have lots of rats running about but I cannot tap any of them. I contacted support who directed me to here. From reading some posts it would appear I should be collecting film for tapping rats. I am
Missing out on a huge part of this seasonal update and would like help please!
Message 1 of 8 (298 Views)

Champion (Retired)

How long have you had the update?

Do you have any active tasks?  If so, which ones?

Have you completed "Mad Monsters: Furry Road Pt.5"?

If you have only just started the update, you will need to progress through the quests until you have unlocked the ability to tap on the monsters.  If you have already completed the quests up to and beyond this point then you should be able to tap on the monsters, so if you are not able to, you will need to contact EA requesting technical support.

Message 2 of 8 (286 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have the recycling project tasks nothing to do with any monsters at all Frown I know from previous experience if you didn't complete a task on a project and a new one came up it just moved on but this one hasn't. I contacted support and was told to post it on here and offered crystals ???
Thank you for taking the time to reply .
Message 3 of 8 (276 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Crystals??  What do crystals have to do with anything??

This is a player forum, allowing players to help other players.  We can provide general advice to help you, but if it is a technical issue (much like the one you are experiencing), then you need to talk to Technical Support as there may be a glitch with your account.  In saying that:

My advice is to do the following:

1. Hard close the game.
  2. Restart your device.
  3. Open the game and try to tap on a monster, if unsuccessful...
  4. Visit Krustyland and your Neighbors
  5. Return to your Springfield and try to tap on a monster, if unsuccessful...
  6. Make sure your game progress is saved by having it connected to your EA account
  7. Uninstall the game
  8. Restart your device again (for good measure)
  9. Reinstall the game
  10. Log back into your EA account
  11. Enter your town and try to tap on a monster, if unsuccessful...
  12. Your game is glitched and you need to contact EA directly requesting Technical Support and advising the previous steps have been taken with no effect.

Once you have completed these steps please feel free to let us know how you went.

Message 4 of 8 (275 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank will try that all later, I contacted technical support and they offered me crystals as an apology! I am totally confused Frown Thanks again Standard smile
Message 5 of 8 (270 Views)

★★★ Novice
this is the email I got back...

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Experience. My name is Deepanshu and I would assist you with your issue today

I'm sorry to know that you are unable to tap on the monsters in The Simpsons: Tapped Out. Being a gamer I can understand the situations at your end. It must be annoying.

I would recommend you to post this issue on the forums as a bug as this is where the Studio look in order to find issues with the game and would be the best place to post any bugs like this.

You can find our forums here:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/bd-p/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out

As you are our valuable player, I am offering to you 15 crystals for this inconvenience. If you agree please let us know.

I am looking forward to your reply.
Message 6 of 8 (269 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I think our new friend Deepanshu is confused as we deal Donuts not silly crystals.

As for the comment regarding bugs, we did have a bug with "some" monsters being immune to taps (I had a total of 1), but the studio issued a patch to fix it.
Message 7 of 8 (263 Views)

★★★ Novice
Huge thank you to all the people who have helped, finally today it's working! Yay!
A week to catch up and do as much as I can to earn rewards. Thanks Again Standard smile
Message 8 of 8 (227 Views)