Suggestion: Possibility to cancle missions

by Kitty1st

Original Post

Suggestion: Possibility to cancle missions

★ Novice

Hello,

It would be nice to have the option to cancle the mission of a Springfielder in case you have misclicked. I accidently started a 1 1/2 day mission which includes another character and now two characters are "trapped", which makes it complicated for my to keep up with the current special quest line.

At the moment you can just spend a large ammount of real money / donuts, to speed it up and get the reward earlier.

My suggestion: The alternative to cancle a task. You don't get the reward and in case of quest missions the mission isn't marked as "done". Of course not "for free".

Two possibilities:

1) Just like when you spend Donuts on something, you have a short ammount of time where you can cancle it again, e.g. one minute.

2) Make a second button to cancle it at any time, maybe even for a fair ammount of ingame money or experience point loss.

With these possibilites your characters aren't stuck because of a wrong click but you still have to pay in one way or another so it doesn't outdo the current possibility where you have to spend donuts.

Thanks for reading!

Message 1 of 10 (227 Views)

Re: Suggestion: Possibility to cancle missions

Hero (Retired)

Not sure if you're aware of this, but you can cancel any character that is on a task by storing the building associated with them in your inventory and then replacing it back in your game. The only exceptions to this are Homer and Lisa as well as premium characters that don't have buildings associated with them.

You should also be able to cancel the job if you store the building that the character is actually doing the quest in - for example if you have one of the kids doing a "go to school" task, storing Springfield Elementary will cause the task to end. 

It would stil be a useful tool to have however, especially for Homer and Lisa, so fingers crossed that it gets implemented.

Message 2 of 10 (224 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you! In fact I didn't know about this. I knew people would disappear if you store there buildings but not that you can do this while they are on the mission.

Unfortunately it didn't work. It's the mission where Kang is chasing Homer for experiments or so. I can store his Victorian UFO but nothing happends, maybe because he was actually introduced in 2012 with a different item before I started playing. Frown

Message 3 of 10 (222 Views)

Its more likely because Homer is on that task with him and there is no way to store the Simpsons house. 

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 10 (218 Views)

You can also abrupt a task if a storable object is used. Ex Homer in the Kiddiepool. Close eyes on characters and store the pool and Homer's free of task again.
This works on all storable objects that is utilised, like benchs, dumpsters, see-saw. The advantage is that it dont reset the timer for the building so rentcollection is still in progress.
Some horrible examples of bringing Cletus, Kirk, Brandine out of tasks has occured when Cletuses farm has been stored with only two days left on harvesting corn. Storing a building or nuking your town will abrupt All activity associated with the object.
Most stand alone premium characters can be stored to end a task, so try boxing up Kang and see if it works.

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 10 (213 Views)

★ Novice

Woohoo, storing Kang worked! Storing Homer wasn't possible. (I need to admit I'm not sure what you mean by "Ex Homer in the Kiddiepool", maybe because I'm playing the game in German where everything has different names. The "normal" way didn't work though.)

Thanks a lot!

I hope this suggestion isn't seen as obsolete now. In my opinion. t's still a needed feature, especially if storing people can produce tons of bugs. The way which helped me with my special problem should be rather handled as a temporary workaround than a real solution.

Message 6 of 10 (207 Views)

I agree. For those who cant be stored it is very needed.
Homers 6h task in the inflatable babypool Standard smile one of the first items you have to buy. You can store the pool and end the task early.
Oh, cancelling tasks this way means that you do not get the payments for the tasks since they are not completed. It will also take the money invested for programs at Channel6 and KBBL, crops planted on the farm, movies started in the drive-in and kids in the Moonbounce etc but will not give you the payout if you store the object instead of rushing it with donuts before the job is done.

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 7 of 10 (203 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your explanation!

(Sorry for the late reaction.)

Wow, that item is really old. Nevertheless I understand the concept now. If a character who can't be stored interacts with an object or a person, you can try to store this object or person to end it (at own risk).

Still just a workaround, but better than nothing. 

Thanks again! Standard smile

Message 8 of 10 (186 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No kidding I ended up losing a ton to farm crop money because I accidentally click "Corn..real corn!" (a 90 day task). Talk about 3 months of waiting to do anything with it. I about deleted the whole thing just to not worry about it.

Message 9 of 10 (177 Views)

I don't bother planting corn....it takes too long and you miss out on other tasks. 

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 10 of 10 (171 Views)