Stuck on Trick or Treat x 10 part Halloween 2014

by roseyland

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuck on Trick or Treat x 10 part Halloween 2014

★★★ Newbie

I’m stuck on the “Trick or Treat” part of the Tapped Out Halloween questline. Supposedly Kang triggers off the next part of the quest, but he is free and nothing happens. I’ve sent the kids to trick or treat x 10, and also opened treat bags x 10, and then it says completed in the task bar with 'complete' sound effects. But then when you go to the task bar it says "complete" with 0 out of 10 again. I’m not using donuts to speed up either. I have completed this sending kids x 10 for trickor treating two times already since yesterday, now doing it for the 3rd time, with no other storyline opening up. A glitch? Answers EA?
Also my ray gun is not generating any ammo. It's been 24 hours and nothing. It just shoots effects when I tap on it like usual.

EA, please fix this or comment?

Message 1 of 25 (2,895 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stuck on Trick or Treat x 10 part Halloween 2014

★ Apprentice

Unless I'm mistaken, the trick-or-treating quest is set to loop continuously until October 20th (which as I understand it is when the next step of the quest will trigger). So even if you complete it, the quest returns so you can send your kids out again for more bags. I'm on the second wave of it, myself.

View in thread

Message 2 of 25 (2,871 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

Unless I'm mistaken, the trick-or-treating quest is set to loop continuously until October 20th (which as I understand it is when the next step of the quest will trigger). So even if you complete it, the quest returns so you can send your kids out again for more bags. I'm on the second wave of it, myself.

Message 2 of 25 (2,872 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
You have to send them to trick or treat 3 times (and open bags 3 times.) Yeah, I thought my game was glitched too.

Store the Ray Gun and bring it out if storage. See if that makes it work right.

Edit: make sure you tap on the icon in the task list to find the kids and the thumb up. I read elsewhere that it wasn't counting for people if they didn't do it that way. I'm not sure.
Message 3 of 25 (2,863 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes you're right! I found that new info just now that this is it for now. THe next storyline plot continues Oct 20th.

THanks for the reply Standard smile

Message 4 of 25 (2,844 Views)

send kids trick or treating task halloween 2014

★★ Novice

Ive send the kids on thisntask multiple times but it's frozen at 8/10. HELP!

Message 5 of 25 (2,796 Views)

Re: send kids trick or treating task halloween 2014

★ Novice

Mine keeps repeating as well.  The task name is Trick or Treat but never stops and i can't move on to any other tasks.

Message 6 of 25 (2,782 Views)

★★ Novice

So is this a repeating task or is it 3 times? it seems like a glitch to me.

Message 7 of 25 (2,778 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here, On EA live support now and they are useless!

Message 8 of 25 (2,774 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I had read elsewhere in a game guide on another forum that the kids were to be sent three times trick or treating. Now I'm on my 4th trick or treating. I also haven't been able to upgrade that weapon either. So I don't know what to make of this. 

If you have sent the kids more than 3 times trick or treating, please post in this thread so we can gather some information. Thanks. 

Message 9 of 25 (2,759 Views)

★★ Novice

I discovered it would not register the trick or treaters completing the task toward the quest (as well as opening the treat bags) if you simply did those things on their own. I've had to manually go through the quest menu and click "go to" beside each step before tapping on the character or bag for it to register. Unfortunately I discovered this after sending most on yet another fruitless round :S

Message 10 of 25 (2,749 Views)