Stuck Task - Finished but won't clear

by thephoton1

Original Post

Re: Stuck Task - Finished but won't clear

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@SurlyCodger wrote:

Try going to your friends' list, visiting a friends' town then entering your own town again. This worked for me for a task that was showing as "done" but wouldn't clear off the task bar. If not, contact EA support.

Contacting EA support

Spoiler
Go to https://help.ea.com/contact-us
Type "Simpsons Tapped Out" in to the search bar titled "search all products"
Click on the "Simpsons Tapped Out" logo. Some popular troubleshooting options will appear in the window to the right.
If these don't solve your problem, click the "Next" button that's located below the initial recommendations box.
Select your appropriate platform
The window to the right will update with some more relevant troubleshooting guides. If none of these are relevant to your issue, click "Next" again.
On the next screen click on the "select a topic" scroll bar and scroll down to the issue relevant to you.
Insert some more details in to the box below and then click on "Next"
Depending on the time of day, your location and the nature of your problem you will then have a range of options to contact EA. These could include links to support articles relevant to your problem, a callback from EA; a live chat with an agent, or the ability to email EA Support.

I had someone from EA recommend this solution but it did not work for me. I hope there's something else I can try as I now have two completed tasks that won't clear the taskbook. 

Message 41 of 67 (1,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem with homer stuck in the sleigh and wouldn't clear the task.  I finally figured it out that he went back to the simpsons home where the yellow thumbs up was waiting to be pressed.  I pressed it and it cleared the task and I'm able to move on.  Hopefully this works for everyone else having this problem too.

Message 42 of 67 (1,105 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having this problem on the quest Scandalous Spending Pt. 6. This task uses Snyder, Wiggum, and Comic Book Guy. Tried putting them all in the inventory, etc...everything in this thread. And nothing will clear the task. It shows 1/1 for all three characters in this past of the quest.
Message 43 of 67 (1,014 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im having trouble with Fuguaboutit Pt. 2 i sent akira out to do sample when the time was up i tapped on him and it didnt go to the next quest its still in my task book and it says done i have deleted it put it in storage and logged out still the quest in in my task book marked done and i cant get to the next quest any help

Message 44 of 67 (956 Views)

★★ Novice
Stuck on Luft Balloons Part 2. Won't do anything, and tried everything mentioned in this post. So annoying.
Message 45 of 67 (927 Views)

★★★ Novice
Stuck on islands in the revenue stream pt 10. Krusty and jr have finished the quest but i don't collect it and it doesn't go away... help please. Tried quest again, go to krustyland and back, storing buildings, deletet game and redownloaded... nothing works.
Message 46 of 67 (914 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm Stuck on both  Seeking a Friend For the End of this update pt 5 and Island in the Revenue pt 9. None of these suggestions worked for me,

Message 47 of 67 (852 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem stuck on a quest with database pt.2 and Rodgers & Krusty pt.1 I have tried going to krusty land, placing the builldings on the inventory, deleting the game and installing it back nothing seems to work. Im all out of ideas. Its been almost a week now and it hasn't gone away nor have I recieved  my rewards. what is next? an update to fix this glitch? 

Message 48 of 67 (800 Views)

★★ Novice
My Luft Balloon part 2 quest finally cleared only to have part 3 finish and not clear. Talked to EA and they only said they know about the problem. :/ so annoying though.
Message 49 of 67 (789 Views)

★★★ Novice
My task finished... finally. No problems left... it was solved after 8 days. I did nothing. It was suddenly solved. I hope the same for everyone.
Message 50 of 67 (786 Views)