Re: Springfield crashed and EA support can not solve the problem

by minicha-em

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Springfield crashed and EA support can not solve the problem

★★ Novice

Two weeks ago I started to have lots of problems with my springfield. I began to recieve missatges from past games (like: Homer and chilli, Homer outer space, homer the heretic, Rommelwood Academy, etc) . I also lost all the money from the big moutain of Burns' money, the weekly challenge from monorail or if I try to do clic on the character's icon (in the left side and up) it doesn't carry me to the character. 

I followed all the steps from this topic: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/How-to-resolve-crashing-freezing-and-loading-progre...

I play the game in an android device and also I try it in an ipad and I have the same problems

I still had problems so I contacted with the EA support but they told me that they can not do anything and that I must write the problem here and hope developers read it.

What can I do now?

Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 6 (924 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Thank you @johncolombo I found in your link how to solve the problem. I asked to EA about make a rollback. They told me yes and after the rollback everything was fixed. Be careful because you will lose all the progress that you made after the rollback date (the day before all your problems started).

For more information about the rollback check: https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/112340/recent-issues#latest 

Also thank you @minicha-em for encouraged me to asked again  for help to EA

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,062 Views)

All Replies

Im sorry

Support lied to you

Development does not visit this forum, at least not for this game

For the past week there have been a return of minievents

but

only for those who did not start or play them at the original release

If you played them, you should not see them

They also release a new premium, time limited mono rail station and doubled the blueprint payout.

Some was locked out of the monorail prize track while others could do it over and over and over again.

Hopefully this will end when the monorail promo, incl the new station, ends today or tomorrow

Did your Money mountain shrink? Was it finished? Do you have Mr Burns costume?

Not sure what is wrong with your character finder but that is not how it is suppose to work.

Again, Im sorry, but this is a player to player forum. 

I dont know what support thinks we can do for you.

Youve done the trouble shooting

The delete/reinstall (do not do this if you play Anonymously or if youre only connected via FB)

Tried another device with a different OS

I know this is not what you want to hear

but

your only option is to go back to support and MAKE them do their job

You need someone from a higher level to look at this.

Demand this!

If they try to direct you here again, calmly explain that a player to player forum can not help you and that devs for this game do not come here

This is such a small game that we dont even have a regular CM on the board (CMs can bring general issues to the tech dep but not help individually)

You might have better luck at the regular forum @johncolombo ?

This is not funny. Support needs to educate their staff on where to send customers and recognise cases that needs escalation ...

I wish you luck

and hopefully happy tapping very soon

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 6 (914 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi minicha-em, thank you for your answer.

I played and finished successfully all these minievents in the past and now I don't have to do anything else, it just appeared. I can buy things from these minievents with donuts, that is all that I can do.

My money mountain was finished 2 years ago more or less and I got Mr Burns costume.

Another thing that doesn't work is the IRS bulding. I get it at the maximum level and it act as if it was at the first level.

I deleted the game and reinstalled again and it doesn't solve the problem

Again thank you for your comments. I will ask again to the EA support

Message 3 of 6 (911 Views)

I've heard reports about money mountain and the character finder before on the official tapped out forum but I don't remember any of these issues being solved. Please feel free to post in our bugs and issues section. https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/categories/bugs-issues
Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 4 of 6 (902 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you @johncolombo I found in your link how to solve the problem. I asked to EA about make a rollback. They told me yes and after the rollback everything was fixed. Be careful because you will lose all the progress that you made after the rollback date (the day before all your problems started).

For more information about the rollback check: https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/112340/recent-issues#latest 

Also thank you @minicha-em for encouraged me to asked again  for help to EA

Message 5 of 6 (1,063 Views)

Hi

Im markng your last reply as a solution

Yes, that is the downside of a rollback.

We shouldve been very clear about what a rollback is and what you loose.

Sometimes that is the only way but it is never fun to loose progress.

Hopefully you can go on tapping happily without any issues

Good luck!

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 6 of 6 (788 Views)