Sound Effects

by mapboss61

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sound Effects

★★★ Newbie

There is no longer sound in the game. Everything else works fine but I no longer get any sound effects to the game. And it's not my phone because everything else seems fine. I just want to know how to fix it because I love the game and don't feel like losing all my stuff by re-installing app.

Message 1 of 16 (15,397 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sound Effects

★★★ Newbie

I tried this which was mentioned on another question:

First, try closing the game app from the multitasking menu and then reopening it. It may take a couple tries for your donuts to appear again.
Just in case - here's how to close the app:

• Exit The Simpsons: Tapped Out
  • Double-click the home button on your device to bring up the multitasking bar at the bottom
  • Tap and hold the Tapped Out icon until you see the red "minus" button
  • Tap the red "minus" button to close the app

And it worked!!!! I got my sound back

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (16,743 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I tried this which was mentioned on another question:

First, try closing the game app from the multitasking menu and then reopening it. It may take a couple tries for your donuts to appear again.
Just in case - here's how to close the app:

• Exit The Simpsons: Tapped Out
  • Double-click the home button on your device to bring up the multitasking bar at the bottom
  • Tap and hold the Tapped Out icon until you see the red "minus" button
  • Tap the red "minus" button to close the app

And it worked!!!! I got my sound back

Message 2 of 16 (16,744 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know! Confusedmileyhappy:

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 3 of 16 (15,252 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me too. Thanks!! 

Message 4 of 16 (12,426 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have tried this solution but still no sound effects.

I have checked my settings and there is no reason why the sound should be off.

Can anyone help with another sugggestion?

Message 5 of 16 (11,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

When you say you have checked your settings, are you referring to your system(mobile device) settings or your game settings/ If you have checked your game settings, do that now,

Just go to any game menu (for example, the inventory menu or any of the store menus) and tap on the "i" in the upper right of the menu window. This will take you to the game Options menu,

One of the options there is SFX (sound effects) volume. Make sure that it's turned up.

If you have check game settings, and the SFX slider is turned up, and there's still no sound, try deleting and reinstalling the game. 

Message 6 of 16 (11,417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same problem (no sound)with an IPad 2. The recommended solutions did not work. However, have not tried deleting and reinstalling. If I reinstall, will I loose my progress?
Message 7 of 16 (11,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the opposite problem; I want to COMPLETE DISABLE (MUTE!!!) the sound effects in Facebook Scrabble...

I have the setting in options at minimum volume, had not been hearingb the sound effetcts for awhile, but they have returned with an ugly vengeance today.  If I have my speakers cranked up while playing other media, I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR A SILLY, USELESS, and ANNOYING "popping" sound every single time I move a darned tile... 

PLEASE GIVE US A MUTE OPTION in the Facebook Scrabble settings!!

Of course I could mute my browser in the vomune mizer, but what if I playing media from a webs-site in another tab.  Just allow us to MUTE the silly and ANNOYING sound effects, PLEASE.

Message 8 of 16 (10,730 Views)

★ Novice

i cannot get my sounds to work on my PC  tried everything but i guess not still isn't working~~~~~~~

Message 9 of 16 (10,439 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@josmith7713 

Which game are you trying to play? This boards is for The Simpsons Tapped Out, which isn't a PC game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 10 of 16 (10,434 Views)