Solved: Cannot connect to server

by Tyriel17

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Solved: Cannot connect to server

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I was playing tapped out on my iPad for a few mins and got disconnected, said cannot connect to server. There was nothing wrong with my internet connection, I checked other internet required apps and all are working fine. So I returned to tapped out but it kept showing the Bart screen. I retried numerous times but it still won't connect. The same thing happen when accessing with the iPhone. However, after I got kicked out from the iPhone I was able to use the iPad to play for another few mins and got kicked out again. 

Some older thread mentioned updating the app but my one is up to date and still does the same.

Anyone got the same problem?

PS: This is a matter can only be solved by the EA support team. So next time when someone is trying to tell you it's cause by your internet and ask you to do this do that just simply ignore those "geniuses".

Cause: Corrupt save

Solution: Go to http://help.ea.com/au/contact-us/new/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out

fill out the form until you get the option to email EA(took me six attampts to finally got the email EA option). Tell them you situation and they will offer to restore a previous save of your choice of date. Be prepared to loss a little progress and do it as soon as the issue present. 

Message 1 of 6 (314 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot connect to server

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello Crysmond,

I was finally able to contact EA through Email, they told me that was a corrupt save for my land. They offered to restore the last successful login of my save and it works.

Fill out this form at http://help.ea.com/au/contact-us/new/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out 

Choose your platform, at select your topic choose technical support and input cannot connect to server. On the next step choose email EA, note that this option is not always available, you just have to keep trying or Simply just call them. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (285 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Whenever I have a problem connecting to the server - which used to be at least once a day - here's what usually works for me:

Exit the game.

Close the game completely:
For iOS: double tap the home button and swipe the app up off screen (older iOS tap and hold app icon, tap red dash)
For Android: Tap Background Apps button (the square to the right of the Home button) then swipe app off screen.

Do the same for all other apps as well.

Update any apps that need updating.  I know this sounds odd, but it seems to help.

Turn off device.

Turn off your wireless router (assuming you have a router)

Turn off your Internet Access Device (Modem). For me that's a satellite modem. Could be a Cable modem, whatever...

Wait 15 to 30 seconds.

Turn on Internet Access Device and let it boot completely.

Turn on router.

Turn on device (I'm using both an iPad Mini 2 and a Galaxy Tab to play).

Start game.

If that doesn't work...  Try going somewhere else like a library, restaurant, friend's house, etc where they have wifi and try connecting there.  Just because everything else works doesn't mean it isn't an internet issue. 

Message 2 of 6 (304 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think that's the case. It's only tapped out having this problem, all other games are fine.

i have tried everything 4G and wifi, reinstalled the game, rebooted my devices, rebooted the modem, tried on other devices, nothing work. 

Dont you think if it require that much of a hustle to play the game there's something wrong with the game instead?

Message 3 of 6 (299 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi, I think i'm having the exact same problem here. It just started disconnected about 2 days ago. I already tried closing all the apps, even reinstall the app, and switching to other device, but my game keep can't connect or got disconnected few seconds after login succesfully through other device.
So I think the problem here is not about the device or the app, but instead something wrong with our account. I already try ask the customer service but still no response.
Message 4 of 6 (287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello Crysmond,

I was finally able to contact EA through Email, they told me that was a corrupt save for my land. They offered to restore the last successful login of my save and it works.

Fill out this form at http://help.ea.com/au/contact-us/new/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out 

Choose your platform, at select your topic choose technical support and input cannot connect to server. On the next step choose email EA, note that this option is not always available, you just have to keep trying or Simply just call them. 

Message 5 of 6 (286 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much TTYD,

I tried that link before but last time I tried I finally can send emaol to them. Thanks for your help. I hope I can get my game back like you do.
Message 6 of 6 (250 Views)