Re: Sideshow You Daily Challenge doesn't get recorded.

by bruthangus

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

@wadebear wrote:

I finally got in touch with Customer Support.  You have to select 'Technical support' instead of Bug report when you're asked to choose your issue.

Meanwhile...  You can skip  challenges.  If there's a little x in a circle in the upper right corner of the challenge box you can tap it and skip to a different task.

You don't have to do the tasks in order.  You can have as many as 3 pending tasks (we think.  It could be more).

You don't have to finish the task within 24 hours (still checking that one in my test game).

Meanwhile...  I didn't know you could access the Challenge menu from Krustyland.  Has anyone tried tapping the Do it button in the Challenge menu while you're IN Krustyland?

I too am having this problem. Prior to seeing your reply, I skipped the challenge. I would NOT recommend this approach. My 'Sideshow You' challenge was worth 3 doughnuts. When I skipped it, not only did it not give me those doughnuts, but it also replaced the task with 'Make Ned Repent Atone' that was only worth $1000.

My next task was also worth money and not doughnuts, and now I am out of skips for the rest of my 10 challenges.

Message 31 of 36 (468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I stored then replaced my 'Sideshow you' and it didn't make a jot of difference. So hacked off, I want my donuts from this task. Today's was simple! Why can't EA just get this to work, either that or just pay out the donuts to everyone and remove it from our challenge list.

Message 32 of 36 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Mine is doing the exact same thing! I'm on my 3rd attempt at trying to complete this challenge and it did record me as completing 1/2 initially. And now it's back down to 0!
Message 33 of 36 (436 Views)

Re: No Donuts Awarded for Simpsons Daily Challenge Play Sideshow You

★ Novice

just contacted technical support via chat, Sunil told me their engineers are aware of the issue and hope to solve it asap. Unfortunately there are only 2 days or so left to complete the weekly challenge for extra rewards... Hope it will work within 2 days...

Message 34 of 36 (411 Views)

Re: No Donuts Awarded for Simpsons Daily Challenge Play Sideshow You

★★★ Novice

That's good, hopefully there'll be a solution sooner rather then later.

I was actually able to finish the task today Standard smile I had to do it the hard way though, and as far as I know the problem hasn't been fixed yet. What I first did was send all the characters on 8 hour jobs, then I went to KL to do the first part of the task, and then I stayed in KL and let the game run on my device for the full 8 hours it took for Sideshow you to be ready again. I wouldn't have bothered if it hadn't paid 6 donuts, but now at least it's done and I won't have to skip it.

Message 35 of 36 (400 Views)

★★ Novice
Spoiler
Hooray! Thank you EA - got my task completed when I logged in thus morning. Happy 😄
Message 36 of 36 (382 Views)