Sideshow Bob NPC missing

by jcaelambie

Original Post

Sideshow Bob NPC missing

★★ Novice

I downloaded this game and started to play a few years ago. I have recently (just before the last Christmas update) just gotten back into the game, and since the last Time I played sideshow Bob was unobtainable. I have played almost everyday since i have gotten back into the game and have never seen him naturally in my town. Right now it seems i may not get Sideshow Bob as a character because his NPC will not spawn. I am level 109 and should have unlocked sideshow Bob by now(or at least seen his NPC)

I would really love some help, Thanks (:

Message 1 of 8 (1,027 Views)

Re: Sideshow Bob NPC missing

Hero (Retired)

Sideshow Bob is now a playable character.  You have to finish the Flaw and Order questline to get him.  Try looking for him in Other Springfield, but be quick: he hides.  He's near the Squidport entrance if you at at a lower level, then he appears near something else (sorry, but I forget what) for a few levels, then on higher levels he appears near the Sprawl-Mart.

Just keep going to Other Springfield and you should find him.

Message 2 of 8 (1,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@wadebear I have been play almost everyday since the Christmas update, I have been unable to find him in my town at all. I have had no messages saying that he is in my town. And have emailed EA and currently awaiting a response.  This problem seems to be affecting other players too.

Thanks for responding(:

Message 3 of 8 (994 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @jcaelambie

I am really sorry about this missing NPC. What device you are currently playing the game on? Have you already tried to reinstall the game after rebooting your device? Keep us posted on this. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 8 (980 Views)

★★ Novice
Ok @EA_Archi i wil try reinstalling. I am on a android phone
Message 5 of 8 (966 Views)

★★★ Newbie

From what I have read on another users post, is that you have to catch him in neighboring Springfields. But he is only there if your friend also has him unlocked. Not sure if that is 100% accurate but it's worth a try. 

Message 6 of 8 (876 Views)

Hero (Retired)

There is a quest line called 'Flaw and Order', parts 1, 2 and 3. Once the 3rd task is completed you will get Sideshow Bob as a playable character. You may need to be patient waiting for the quests to appear, as they come up at random and are not linked to any particular level. I had to wait until level 336 in my newest town to get SSB. 

Once you get the Flaw and Order quest appear, you can go to Other Springfield (OS) and tap Sideshow Bob (SSB). Go back to main friends screen, then back to OS and tap SSB again. You can keep repeating this to finish the quest. At OS level 20, SSB is near gulp 'n' blow. At OS level 25, SSB is near squidport entrance. At OS level 30, SSB is near Calmwood/Retirement Castle. When your town is level 30, SSB can be found in OS near Sprawl*mart. SSB's location may change during events.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 7 of 8 (871 Views)

Flaw and order is glitched. It doesn't always complete. There are people at level 939 that do not have playable slideshow Bob. You just have to wait it out. 

Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 8 of 8 (866 Views)