Re: Screen Zoom Issue in Android 5.1.1

by Kibbey_au

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Updated my mom's tablet's firmware (to Android 4.4.2 it seems) just yesterday and now her game has the same problem.

I looked for the recommended Game Tuner app, but I can't install the app as it's declared as incompatible with the tablet.

Are there any alternative solutions?

Message 21 of 33 (5,146 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank You. Problem fixed on the Galaxy S6 Edge. Very happy an no longer frustrated at the game. Thank You Again.

Set to highest resolution.

Message 22 of 33 (5,106 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thanks so much for the tip! I downloaded the game tuner and customised tapped out to a high resolution and it's done the trick, I can view so much more in the screen now - it has been so frus trading cos my land is so large have to scroll across the screen but by bit but now it's so much better!
Message 23 of 33 (4,793 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
It worked for me, you can auto customize for apps - the go to games and hit the cog on the game where it says launch and set it to high resolution - now I can see so much more in the screen!
Message 24 of 33 (4,793 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, this has happened to me after resetting my tablet and reinstalling Tapped Out.

But Samsung Game Tuner doesn't seem to be available anymore! Is there another solution?

Thaks

Message 25 of 33 (4,674 Views)

Re: Screen resolution

★★★★★ Newbie

Totally the same to me. Come from 720p Sony Xperia (1&3) Compact to now 1080p BQ Aquaris X.

Better/higher display resolution results in quite painful Simpsons tapped out... :-(

Message 26 of 33 (4,417 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Try the game launcher - I think it may have been built into that.

Settings > advanced features > games and turn on the game launcher. It should then be a shortcut you can install.

Or else do a Google search for "Samsung game tuner" and grab the apk from one of the offered sites if there's one you trust.

Message 27 of 33 (4,410 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

There is no chance to install the Game Launcher on non Samsung devices I think. I tried it from several sources and different versions. Breaking down while starting Game Launcher always, eather not starting at all or demanding other Samsung * that is not even installable.

Message 28 of 33 (4,380 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cant find the app in the play store, and the game lancher dont fix it.

Message 29 of 33 (4,344 Views)

★★ Novice
The Game Tuner App did not work on my S7, changing the resolution only made it more or less pixelated.
It was still zoomed in very close, to change this I went to the Display settings on the phone...
Settings (Gear Icon)
Display
Screen Resolution...
I tried it a couple different ways to see what I liked best. Higher and Lower resolution.
I also played with Screen Zoom and Font and Screen Mode until I got it to look right...
The Game Tuner App looks like it's more for adjusting FPS and performance of the App rather than adjusting screen size
Also look at the size of the spinning donut when the game is loading, if that donut is large, then your on screen scale will be zoomed in close
Message 30 of 33 (3,794 Views)