SH reset and no Wild West jobs

by mattk75

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SH reset and no Wild West jobs

★★★ Novice

Since the Wild West update, my game went through all the old missions from Black Friday, Valentine's, st Patrick's day etc asking for them to be complete and then giving the rewards, all Springfield heights progress has been reset to 0 so I can't do any tasks, and with the Wild West, on pt 2 I can do Apu's task but when I select to make springfielders buy overpriced products the task just isn't there. Can anyone help or advise? Have deleted the game and reinstalled but this made no difference, I even nuked the Springfield (3 years of progress) and have finally put everything back but this still doesn't work.

Message 1 of 83 (1,244 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re : SH reset and no Wild West jobs

★★★★ Novice

I’m wondering why so many people still have  problems with that glitch. The best way is to call the EA support by phone. So you can easy explain your problem and find a solution. “Wild West” is already over and a new quest started. I don’t think they will make a patch. Patch for what? At the support they can’t even tell what caused this error.

Make a roll back so you can get your Heights progress back and can play the actual Chilli Quest.

View in thread

Message 74 of 83 (843 Views)

All Replies

Re: SH reset and no Wild West jobs

★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem!!

Message 2 of 83 (1,225 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same blocked issues where i can't complete tasks, characters are not able to perform jobs and no more miners and prospectors show up.  Spent or should i say wasted 50 donuts to try and complete the miner's task and got nothing for it.  Just about to call it quits on this game because of the bugs and flaws

Message 3 of 83 (1,210 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem for me.  The Wild west update was normal for a couple days, but I also then had dialog for all of the old holiday events.  My Springfield Heights now has a value of $0, despite all of the building still being in place.  Apu is stuck in the Wild West where he is starting a craze, but because that event also reset, his task never ends.

Message 4 of 83 (1,203 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi everyone,

The studio is looking into this. 

Can you please let me know the following:

• Were you prompted to download the update again, even after installing it the first time?
  • Were you logged in or out of the game when the update installed?
  • Did you download the update over Wifi or over 3g/4g ? 
  • What's your region/location and carrier? 

Thanks in advance for any information you may have that will help us investigate further.

Message 5 of 83 (1,179 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

If I recall correctly, here's the order of how it went:

1. Automatically downloading updates as I entered the app. (I waited for it to finish before loading the game completely.)

2. When the game loaded, several past event quests started cycling through, as well as Snake being prompted to start Wild West stuff (producing guns as event currency).

3. after a little while (and starting Snake's quest with the jail) the game said it lost connection, and I hit the "retry" button (on the Bart with the unplugged cord screen)

4. The game seemed like it was back to normal at this point, but I can still have Snake produce guns and I can't hand in quests at the general store. (Also there was some stuff about most wanted bandits, not sure if they're actually supposed to be showing up yet...)

I believe I was on Wi-Fi the whole time

I'm in west Michigan on Verizon (if that's what you mean by your last question)

Message 6 of 83 (1,171 Views)

★ Novice

1.  I was not prompted again to update.  The Wild West update had occurred and was working normally for a couple of days.  My Town Plaza is level 3 and I had already unlocked about 5 of the items in the General store.  The problem occurred when I just started up the app with no new updates.

2.  I think I was logged out of the game when the update occurred.

3.  I downloaded the update over Wifi

4.  I am in Virginia and my Wifi carrier is Verizon.

Message 7 of 83 (1,147 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm suffering the same problem. Frustrating to deal with it.

Message 8 of 83 (1,140 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Were you prompted to download the update again, even after installing it the first time?

- No

Were you logged in or out of the game when the update installed?

-Logged out

Did you download the update over Wifi or over 3g/4g ? 

-WiFi

What's your region/location and carrier? 

-North America (west)

Message 9 of 83 (1,139 Views)

★★★ Novice

The first update did automatically, I started the tasks but it froze on Apu's in task 2. I then noticed another update had been downloaded and updated the game the following day which froze everything but I was still getting bandits. I then reinstalled and then cleared the Springfield and this got me where I am with Apu's task done but not able to do the second part and no bandits. 

Was on wifi all the time and logged into ea account. I am in Shropshire, UK.

Message 10 of 83 (1,129 Views)