Re: Rommelwood Academy Quest Stuck

by EA_Archi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Rommelwood Academy Quest Stuck

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I'm experiencing a Bug in the game since the Romewoold Academy Quest:

When I select a character (only kids from the rommelwood academy) the job from the academy quest is still highlighted in yellow like if the quest was ongoing and doing it doesn't make it go away nor I win any coins, because it's over.
To better explain: I select "Nelson" and the highlighted mission he has is "Dig Tunnel With Spoons" (Time: 3h Reward: 135$ 35xp).
One thing i would like to add is that i finished one of the mi.ssions from this quest after the time was already expired and then the issue began.

Already went trough all the troubleshooting steps and I installed the game in a new tablet, wich leads me to believe it's a server side issue.

Message 1 of 27 (4,290 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
As of 6/2, this bug seems to be fixed! Thanks!

View in thread

Message 14 of 27 (5,750 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I came in late to the Rommelwood Academy update and was halfway through the questline unlocking the Rommelwood Academy before the update ran out. Knowing how flexible EA have been about deadlines in the past for major events such as Christmas etc, I took a gamble that they'd do the same again with this update and sent the kids on a task at the academy only for it to backfire. Like yourself the task that they were on at the time the update was pulled down is constantly in yellow and no matter how many times I have them do it, it doesn't complete the task (removing the task from yellow to white).

Also when I use the Office of Unemployment to send all characters on tasks, the kids are excluded from the list and I have to assign them tasks individually.

I tried force-closing the app and uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail but didn't have a second device I could access my game on so it's good to know that doesn't work either. With any luck EA will roll out a patch when they send out a new update to remove the Super-Heroes update, if not sooner.

Message 2 of 27 (4,212 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Have either of you tried storing the kids?  Perhaps storing all the affected characters, closing the game, force closing the game, then restarting your devices would fix it.  You might also try storing the Rommelwood buildings as well.

Message 3 of 27 (4,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I didn't actually. I will try it later.

But I think I already see a problem, some characters, like Lisa cannot be stored.

Message 4 of 27 (4,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok, I actually nuked my town (was needing it) and has I was putting everything back. I realized that removing the rommelwood building "disables" their missions, but has soon as you put them back it goes back to the same problem.

Message 5 of 27 (4,173 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@brancodiogo wrote:
I realized that removing the rommelwood building "disables" their missions, but has soon as you put them back it goes back to the same problem.

Ditto. Tagging @EA_Archi for awareness to feedback to the developers at the studio to see if they can roll a patch out in the future to sort out the issue.

Message 6 of 27 (4,160 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @brancodiogo and everyone else in this thread. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will forward your post to the developers for investigation. 

Cheers,
Archi

Archi.png
Message 7 of 27 (4,145 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks @EA_Archi Looking fowad to hear from you.

Message 8 of 27 (4,139 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @brancodiogo 

So the experts came back to me, saying this might be indeed be an issue. A rare one, that for sure. So they will investigate, and amend it, but it can take some time.

Thank you all for the assistance!

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 9 of 27 (4,131 Views)

★★★ Novice

Any update on this?  I am having the same problem.  Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my phone.  Have tried storing the buildings - but everytime I come back the Rommelwood quests are still highlighted in yellow.

I have contacted EA to report a bug, but haven't heard anything back.  Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Message 10 of 27 (4,006 Views)