Restart game

★★ Novice

Can I restart the game? I want to play the whole thing in a new game

Message 1 of 6 (9,131 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Restart game

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @MaggotMorales8,

You can't go back to a level 1 Springfield using the same account. If you're only interested in redesigning your city, simply use the nuke feature. Otherwise you'll need to create a new account/username.

Let us know if you have more questions.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (9,142 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Yes.

Oh, you probably want to know how...

Read this if your current game has an EA/Origin account associated with an email address. 

Go to the neighborhood screen and log out.  Once you've logged out just tap the screen and you'll start a new game.

This new game will be anonymous.  You have no guaranteed save and you can't have friends unless you associate it with a NEW email address.

If you've already started an anonymous game in the past read (like by accident), read the stuff below.

There are many places you can get a free email address - yahoo, google, etc.  Just remember to write down the address and password so you don't forget when you need it later.

Read this if your current game does not have an EA/Origin account associated with it.

Ok, now you've got a problem.  To start a new anonymous game you need to get rid of the anonymous game already on your device, and I'm not sure how to do that.  You can try un-installing the game, restarting, then re-installing the game but... I've done that many times and still have the same anonymous game I always manage to start by accident.  You may need more help to get rid of that.

One way would be to sign up for an EA/Origin account on the web.  Then when you log in on your device with the account name and password it should ask you if the game on the device is the the one you want associated with it.  Say no.

Message 2 of 6 (9,113 Views)

★★ Novice

Can I have it on my same account?

Message 3 of 6 (9,106 Views)

Hi @MaggotMorales8,

You can't go back to a level 1 Springfield using the same account. If you're only interested in redesigning your city, simply use the nuke feature. Otherwise you'll need to create a new account/username.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Message 4 of 6 (9,143 Views)

Hero (Retired)

If redesigning is the issue then I recommend using the area select tool rather than nuking.  That way you can keep areas you like but still store areas that need redesigning.  I do it all the time.  Just select a bunch of stuff I want to move elsewhere, then hit the Store option.

I just wish the area select area was bigger - I'm always having to move grouped items in sections and then carefully fit them back together.  And it's a royal pain when you drop a bunch of stuff 1 square off from where you intended it to land...

Message 5 of 6 (9,070 Views)

I share your pain @wadebear. *Looks at her giant city sighs* 

Message 6 of 6 (9,040 Views)