Red Brick Walls are now smaller

by alunited1961

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Red Brick Walls are now smaller

★★★★ Novice

The Red Walls are now smaller

Since the removal of Christmas update there are a number of changes including the red walls are thinner and don't touch at corners. 

I am a tad annoyed at this as it ruins the look of my town why have walls that don’t meet? It takes up same footprint as before and also can not be turned 180 degrees so cannot turn the wall round. It would make sense to make it same as the concrete wall……wait a minute I will check this……..no they work fine. At least they meet and thinner walls are OK in themselves.

A lot of tappers including me play this game because of the design element of the game 2d and 3d 'art' some of the towns are spectacular and will keep some of us interested in the game for years.

I will post pictures on flickr to show how this impacts. I know some changes are made to fix glitches is this one I don't know.

Please either change the walls back or set them up the same as the concrete ones.

Ohand let us out more stuff into krustyland.

Message 1 of 18 (968 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Red Brick Walls are now back to norma

★★★★ Novice

Since yesterdays  update thank you EA for listening and responding and thank you to all tappers who responded to this post.

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (596 Views)

All Replies

Re: Red Brick Walls are now smaller

★ Guide

MANY players on tstoaddicts are not happy with this change, myself included. 

I get they may flow better, but they no longer match up. A 360 degree turn will help this if EA is unable to widen them again. Either way... PLEASE FIX THE RED BRICK WALLS. Wink 

Message 2 of 18 (943 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The change to the red brick walls wouldn't be so bad if they could be rotated in the same way as concrete walls - as it is the change is annoying because they only work in a straight line.

Also it would be useful if the graffiti walls were the same thickness as the red brick walls so they can still be used together (changing either the red brick walls or the graffiti walls to match the other but keep them the same)

Two options at the moment;

- make further changes so the walls are still useable in the new size

- change them back to how they were

Message 3 of 18 (910 Views)

★★ Novice

Agreed. I find this very annoying because I spent a lot of time making my town the way it is and now the brick walls don't fit properly where they once did. This effects the look of my town. Please, fix the brick wall issue.

Message 4 of 18 (883 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please change the walls back. This was the worst change ever.....

Message 5 of 18 (876 Views)

Made a link on mrfy's What changed post.
Although this is a player to player forum and other players cant make the actual change, players can add their voices and click Me Too so EA sees how many are annoyed by this ridicolous change.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 6 of 18 (841 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@minicha-em wrote:
Made a link on mrfy's What changed post.
Although this is a player to player forum and other players cant make the actual change, players can add their voices and click Me Too so EA sees how many are annoyed by this ridicolous change.

Thanks Em

Message 7 of 18 (829 Views)

★ Apprentice

Until I saw the "Christmas Is Over" post on TSTO (http://tstoaddicts.com/2015/01/15/random-changes-christmas-is-over/#more-23587), I thought I had mispositioned the walls without noticing due to the snow! It's almost (almost!) a relief to find it's not my fault.

Message 8 of 18 (828 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't mind that the walls are thinner.  Actually, I *PREFER* the look of the walls being thinner. 

But what greatly annoys me is that we can not make the walls match-up for a perfect 90' turn.  Apparently making them turnable 360' will fix this, and that would be fine.

I also don't like that they did not also make the graffiti walls skinny, so they are out of place with the clean walls.

Having an all clean wall is fine, and adding one or two sections with paint adds character, but now they look completely out of place being fatter than the clean walls, and I don't like long wall sections of all graffiti, that's ugly to me. 

Message 9 of 18 (817 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Change the red brick walls back please!!!! The walls were used to isolate areas in my Springfield. Now those formerly secure areas are left vulnerable.... and my Springfield is no longer aesthetically pleasing. Change them back or fix them please.

Message 10 of 18 (789 Views)