Re: Radioactive Man quest not triggered- no 8 hr task

by mc_kreigor30

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

It says in Dr. Crab's description (in the event prize list) that he is the arch enemy of Radioactive Man.

Maybe Radioactive Man's quest won't trigger until Dr. Crab is unlocked.

If so, that's still bad since not everyone will get the last prize.

Message 11 of 20 (523 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I doubt this considering this task is supposed to trigger by having Kane manor which we all have but won't.

But just in case can anyone confirm this slight chance of happening? Anyone got crab yet?
Message 12 of 20 (511 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue.  I love the look of Radioactive Man, but the fact his quest won't start makes me regret spending money on him because with it bugged it makes Kane manor useless.  I really want his 8hr task!

EA needs to fix this considering the cost of the bundle.  

Message 13 of 20 (487 Views)

★ Novice
Having the same problem 8hr quest not working have stored on or the other and switched it around doesn't work. Super p'oed 230 donuts for an animation that doesn't work
Message 14 of 20 (453 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same, very unhappy to have spent so many donuts on a broken product.  And if anything like others I have contacted EA about recently, this will be ignored too.  This game is starting to feel like a ripoff when you don't even get a reply reporting problems that include being shorted on donuts, and this time a defective purchase.

Message 15 of 20 (441 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I did finally get Dr. Crab and it did not trigger anything for Radioactive Man's quest unfortunately. :-( I did open a case for this on July 14 but they went ahead and closed it the same day, since it was a chat and he told me that fixes are done by 'importance.' I did try to reply to my 'closed' email from EA but the email bounced back stated 'mailbox full'.. I will try resending later. This is what I wrote to them..

"It's been almost 2 weeks now and still no 8 hour 'relax' task for Radioactive man, or quest that triggered (the superheroes event is just about over). I posted on the EA Tapped Out forum and there are others like me who spent the 230 donuts for these 2 characters and 2 buildings only to NOT receive the Questline that goes with Radioactive Man. I realize that the folks who received RM free last year have no issue with their character, but those of us who spent the 230 donuts this year would like to see this quest through PLUS have access to the 8 hour "relax' task... 8 hour tasks are one of my most popular tasks for characters. Please, can you escalate this in the 'chain' of bug fixes? Maybe when the Heroes event is finished the developers could add the bug fix to push this quest through for the rest of us?"

Hopefully EA hears us... of course we are a small percentage with this issue because many folks got RM free last year and quest was fine. It is just this year's purchase that has the issue. I thought maybe I needed the Beach House... but that looks like it only comes with a 16 hours questline (I checked TSTO blog regarding this building). I am totally bummed because I am a 'freemium' player so 230 donuts was quite a bit for me, but I was so excited to get these 2 characters normally not available.

~Kim
Message 16 of 20 (427 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have just finished Dr. Crab's quest line and yes the faint hope that Radioactive man would trigger is definitely false.

Still no 8 hour job for Radioactive man.

I actually switched to 2x12 hour jobs for most characters so I could avoid giving Radioactive man a unique job when everyone else is on 8 hours.

Message 17 of 20 (414 Views)

★★★★ Novice
A fellow user with the same issue on tapped out addicts said that he contacted EA and they said this issue "is of the least importance at the moment since it's only affecting a few people"

So everyone, keep contacting EA by email, chat, phone or whatever. I've contacted them around 5 times now with 5 different people, sooner or later they'll have to fix it when they see it's a BIG problem.

Good luck all!
Message 18 of 20 (405 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm in the same boat having spent 230 donuts too. I was waiting till after getting Dr Crab but still it's locked. Maybe after the event finishes today it will unlock with an update?

Message 19 of 20 (397 Views)

★★★ Novice

They heard us!!!!!!! YAY!!!! With the removal update of the superheroes event, they added Radioactive Man's 8 hour task!! I had him free after the update, so I checked and it was unlocked!! So happy!! Bummed that I didn't get to do the questline for it as that is half the fun, but super happy that the 8 hour task is available now. Thank you to all who pestered EA!!

Message 20 of 20 (701 Views)