Re: Opened game and was in someone's else Springfield?

by nickellou

Original Post

Opened game and was in someone's else Springfield?

★★ Novice

I play the Simpsons Tapped out on my Iphone4.  I've opened my gave several imes today with no issues.  Then this evening I click the app, it shows my user named for the login but when I 'tap to continue" I get someone else's Springfield.

I've closed/reopened the game several times and even logged out/back in to with my Origin login thinking it would upload my correct game but it didn't help it keeps opening the other person's Springfield.  

On some of the logout/back in attempts I do get the pop-up of "Warning! other device didn't save your Springfield.  Sign into that device before playing."  Only I only play Simpson on the one phone.  If I click Play now and Continue the double-check question, it again opens the other person's Springfield.

I did re-sync the phone to Itunes but didnt' help either and both the phone and game are current on updates.

I don't want to mess up someone else's game so how can I fix this?

Message 1 of 7 (307 Views)

This is alarming. Ive heard of accidentally landing in a strange town but logout/login had always worked for that, to get back to your own town.
The decent thing to do if that happens is to do nothing, some jerks like to move things, sell stuff and spend donuts and that is horrific. This might explain some of the threads about messed up towns on a regular basis. Im not liking it one bit.
Contact a game-advisor http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 7 (305 Views)

★ Guide

This has happened to me 2 or 3 times.  I think it happens when on the phone using 3G and didnt happen when on the wi-fi.  You are right it is very disturbing. I logged straight out and then it worked fine. But why it happened in the first place is a mystery

Message 3 of 7 (301 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the suggestion and I will open a ticket with help EA.  I'm not touching that person's game...just wrong to do so. 

Odd thing is I have one other game issue going on and I first reported it to help EA and after a few weeks replied that I need to post it here on Answers EA. 

At least this way, one of them can help me get this solved.

:womanhappy:

Message 4 of 7 (296 Views)

★★ Novice

Just an update, I did contact help EA and they replied back that I needed to uninstall the game, and re-install to fix.  Tried it twice and didn't help.  I've replied to them to see what we try next.  I will post the outcome when it occurs in case anyone else has this issue.

Message 5 of 7 (284 Views)

Personal opinion and pure speculation:
I belive this recient issues with mixed up towns has something to do with the new "random" system that is implemented for raiding strange towns. Somewhere the programming went wrong so that Origin dont always recognize your town as yours. I cannot imagen the complexity for the randomgenerator used or all the security code that went into it to prevent theses thing from happening and obviously a miss has occured.
If Im right there's no way regular users (that answer Qs here) can help out in any way to fix this. Even a game advisor cant do much. Its up to the programmers to find the faulty code and correct it.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 6 of 7 (276 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks minicha-em, I wouldn't have thought of that and I will forward that idea on with my ticket to EA Help.

I did just hear back from EA Help and they had me delete and reinstall again, then do a Forgot Password with the game still open.  After logging in on my PC to change password, I logged into the still running game on my phone with the new password.  EA Help thought this might fix the issue.  Sadly, it did not so still seeing the other person's game.  I did offer the EA Help (via email) that if we need to scrap my old game and I just start over, I would understand but I didn't want the other person's game deleted or damaged for thier sake - it looks like they've put alot of work into thier Springfield so I don't want it runied for them.

Message 7 of 7 (270 Views)