My Springfield is back to level 1 - what can I do?

by csluchelsea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Springfield is back to level 1 - what can I do?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My account was on level 8 but when I logged in it would only let me access a level 4 game and I don't want to start again so is there any way in which I can accessy level 8 game?

Message 3 of 1,909 (53,072 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Springfield is back to level 1 - what can I do?

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

The studio has announced that they will be working on some fixes for the game in the next couple of days. (Read the announcement here.)

The following things are completely normal during such a time:

• You cannot connect to the server.
  • You cannot even see the Origin icon to log in.
  • The game recognizes your email when you want to log in but prompts you to create a new account.
  • You can log in but you cannot see your Santa Coins / buildings / friends.

If this happens to you, please shut down the game and wait for some time. After that try to log in again.

If you accidentally created a new account or started to play anonymously, you can always shut down your game by closing the app from the multitasking menu and then reopening it.

Just in case - here's how to close the app:

1. Exit The Simpsons: Tapped Out
  2. Double-click the home button on your device to bring up the multitasking bar at the bottom
  3. Tap and hold the Tapped Out icon until you see the red "minus" button
  4. Tap the red "minus" button to close the app.

We will post any new information about the fixes in this thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Announcement-Possible-downtime-while-we-work-on-fix...

If you want to get a notification about our updates there, please click on "Topic Options" and choose "Subscribe".

Thanks a lot for your patience,

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 747 of 1,909 (21,003 Views)

All Replies

Unable to log in

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm unable to log in to my origin account. It was working fine, closed the app down, had a notification for a task that had finished and now I can't get back into it. I sign in and it takes me back to when homer blows up Springfield. 

My username is not the same as it was, it's like it's started a new account... I was on level 10 I don't want to lose my current Springfield and my achievements. help!!

Message 1 of 1,909 (52,649 Views)

Big problem!!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello!i'm using a lot of you're products,but problems with this game it's unbelievable!!
I play in the Simpsons 4 month and reached 20-th level,bought donuts.After that I open my game again my progress was lost.I was very unhappy about it,i'll try to do everything that u recommend,but it didn't help and I started again with the first level.during my second attempt I reached the 10th level and all written above happen again!!!!please give me back my Springfield 20th or even 10th level!!!my login (edit: email removed for security reasons)
Thanks

Message 2 of 1,909 (52,664 Views)

Re: Big problem!!!!

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Please try closing the game app from the multitasking menu and then reopening it. You should be able to log in with your original Origin account after that. It may take a couple tries for your Springfield to appear again. 

Just in case - here's how to close the app:

• Exit The Simpsons: Tapped Out
  • Double-click the home button on your device to bring up the multitasking bar at the bottom
  • Tap and hold the Tapped Out icon until you see the red "minus" button
  • Tap the red "minus" button to close the app

Hope that helps!

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 4 of 1,909 (52,620 Views)

Re: Where's my game?

★★★ Novice
It's still not letting me load my level 8 game but only letting me load a level 4 game.... Any other suggestions?
Message 5 of 1,909 (52,612 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This didn't work for me.

Message 6 of 1,909 (52,602 Views)

Two accounts

★★★ Newbie

I think I have two accounts set up with the same email address and accidentally logged out of my game and cannot get back onto it have I lost my game all together

I have two user names some how I must have joined in 2011 with username coops986 

And the one I have been using to play my game recently is coops2212 which I am unable to get back onto and really want to

Please advise if I can delete coops986 and keep coops2212 and how I can log back on 

Message 7 of 1,909 (52,571 Views)

Prolblem with account : simpson springfield (FR)

★★★ Newbie
Here, I am French, excuse my English. today i had a problem with my game SIMPSON SPRINGFIELD. when i started my game, my party had disappeared and i got a message saying that I had to make a new one, and I could not do otherwise. being a minimum advanced in the game, I did not want to repeat. Unfortunately I can not find my old a party. you understand my problem? if not called me and I'll explain for more detail
Message 8 of 1,909 (52,549 Views)

Feel ripped off

★★★ Newbie

Really am not happy, the Simpsons tapped out has deleted my entire progress on my account. I have spent 9 quid on this game and didn't expect it to be deleted on me, have already signed back into my account but it keeps starting from the beginning. It's been saying error with Oregon for ages and now this has happened. If I cato get mpurge ogress back I would like to berefunded or at least get the same amount of doughnuts back, really not on. 

Message 9 of 1,909 (52,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Doesn't work, anything else,already spent £9 on this game and am not happy with just losing that, even if you can get my Springfield back would at least like my money back or the equivalent in doughnuts on the game, this is really bad not happy

Message 10 of 1,909 (52,557 Views)