Re: My Simpsons Tapped Out Keeps re-downloading

by Muhsterino

Original Post

Re: downloading updates every time!

For me, it only happens wwhen I open the game from the notifications on the lock screen

but then it happens everytime.

Take the extra time to unlock the screen, so you're on the home screen before you open the game

Either open the app by tapping the icon or open it from notifiction on the home - just do not open the game from the lock screen.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 21 of 99 (4,850 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue!  Ugh!

Message 22 of 99 (4,727 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having this issue, too.For the past month.

Iphone 7, both iOS 10 & 11. Each time it's the exact same # of updates and file size.

Plenty of open space on my phone and I'm not using notifications to load the game.

I've uninstalled, installed, cleared out other apps, created plenty of extra space on my phone, turned off phone, upgraded OS. Still happens couple times a day.

FM

Message 23 of 99 (4,642 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you fix the issue ours is doing the same 

Message 24 of 99 (4,650 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Didn't fix it pretty bad from ea I think 

Message 25 of 99 (4,649 Views)

Hero (Retired)

As stated above: don't open the game from a notification.

Storage requirements for the game are larger than the size of the downloads from the app stores.  The downloads from the app stores only include the game core, not the additional files the game needs.  You need 1.5 to 2 gigabytes additional storage space beyond the listed specs in the app store for the game to run properly.

Are you using any kind of Optimizer program?  Many of the game files are stored in the system temp folder and are often deleted by optimizer apps.

A lot of people are having this issue with the game and iOS 11.

Message 26 of 99 (4,634 Views)

Re-installs game every time I play

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Spoiler

Almost everytime I launch the game it re installs all of the files so I have to wait about five minutes before I can even play the game it has been doing this since I updated my iPad to iOS 11 is anyone else having this problem if so how do I fix it

Message 27 of 99 (4,502 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I’m having the re download problem and it’s now 2017 Frown
Message 28 of 99 (4,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

It seems as though some players on iOS are having this issue. This was posted on the EA forum:

It has been almost a week since I have had to redownload. I had about 2.7GB before and it still would seem to offload the game data. But then I deleted a bunch of pictures and now have about 4.3GB open. Did this late Thursday night, and have had no issues since.
So it appears the iOS 11 just requires a lot of open space to operate properly. My game was practically unplayable, so I didn’t test it along the way while deleting pictures. Was to frustrated and just wanted it working again. So perhaps 4GB is not necessary, but that’s what I’m going to stick with for now.

Here is the link to that thread:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/149683/ios-11-constant-re-download#lates...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 29 of 99 (4,443 Views)

★★★ Novice
I don’t have notifications on either of my devices I have an iPhone 7plus and does not to updates as much as my iPad does
Message 30 of 99 (4,301 Views)