Mutant seeds disappearing

by SwissWavey42

Original Post

Mutant seeds disappearing

★★★★★ Novice

I had gone hours without getting a seed dropped in my town, and then I hear "the noise" so I search for a mutant seed. It's not there. 

A couple of minutes later I get a pop-up alert saying one of my neighbours has dropped "seeds", plural - but it might have meant just one.

Anyway, I search and search and search. No sign of it/them.

I go into the move menu and turn off everything except the characters. I search and search and search again. Nothing.

I go to Krustyland and look there - just in case - nope, not there either. I reboot, and log in again, nothing....

Anyway, you get the gist - I've done lots of stuff but that seed never showed up.

And it's not just a very delayed message either, I write down everyone who sends me a seed so I can return the favour. That person had never sent me a seed before.

About an hour later I hear "the noise again" and find the new seed almost straightaway - it's from somebody else. 

I'm concerned about this seed that didn't show up because I'd previously sent out 45 of the 50 I won and have received very little back from them (they were spread amongst about 40 of my neighbours). Initially I thought I'd just been unlucky and sent them to players who haven't logged in but now I'm wondering whether they maybe never showed up at the other end.

Anyway...

TLTR?

The game said I was sent a mutant seed. It never showed up.

Message 1 of 11 (486 Views)

Re: Mutant seeds disappearing

If you dont catch it within 4h it will disappear.
Havent seen the notice about seeds, just that I had a visitor, strange.

Contact support and see what they say.

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players.
Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 11 (473 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks, but yesterday I was in the game constantly - like most days - it *definitely* hadn't been 4 hours.

And the only reason I logged it here was because the support advisor told me too! I knew it couldn't be resolved here, but was just doing what he said.

I think he was just trying to get rid of me.

If he'd said something like "OK, I believe you but we think this might have been a one-off. Can you keep an eye on it for a couple of days and if it happens again please let us know" - I'd have been happy to let it lie. As it happens, this morning I've received about 6 mutant seeds no problem.

I'm prepared to accept that it might have been a glitch and that there might not be a general problem but the way the support guys went about dealing with it rates extremely poorly.

Message 3 of 11 (469 Views)

Thank you for posting here

Support likes it if you post here as well, even if we cant do anything but send you back to them.
This way others can see that they are not alone and see how to proceed.

I think others might have missed some seedlings too.
Maybe it only effects seeds from specific neighnours?
Glad it seems to work for you now.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 11 (464 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well, it works some of the time. I've no way of knowing what percentage of the time it does work. The fact that I know of one occasion when it didn't work will always leave me doubting.

And my return from the 45 I dropped in neighbours' towns was very poor, and my neighbours are usually very active. Which makes me think the problem might be more widespread than EA like to admit.

Message 5 of 11 (462 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SwissWavey42 -- Hey neighbor!  I dropped two in your town, hope you got them!

If this helps resolve your issue, please click accept solution as this may help others with the same issue to find a resolution as well.  XP is appreciated but not required.

Message 6 of 11 (416 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@etamni103 wrote:

@SwissWavey42 -- Hey neighbor!  I dropped two in your town, hope you got them!

If this helps resolve your issue, please click accept solution as this may help others with the same issue to find a resolution as well.  XP is appreciated but not required.

No, I didn't see them  :-(

I've been in the game constantly apart from when I've been asleep... What time did you send them?

Message 7 of 11 (392 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SwissWavey42 wrote:

I've been in the game constantly apart from when I've been asleep... What time did you send them?

Late evening of the 19th (US MDT).

Message 8 of 11 (385 Views)

★★ Novice
hi, I experienced the same problem u have n was also referred here by TSTO's customer service! I also tot I'm "unlucky" that my neighbouts did not return the favour or because my username starts with J. But I confirmed that there was a glitch when my friend told me he had dropped 10 seeding but I catch no sight of them at all. I also receive pop up notification on my hp of the dropped. Contacted the cs and he told me to reinstall and wait for 24hra. After that I do find seedings but not the 10 my friend put inFrown. Now it happens again. I have not seen a seeding for more then 12 hours (I have 100 neighbours! 99 active!), including the 3 that my friend put in 6-7 hrs ago (I checked immediately after my friend told me). This time I am referred here Frown
Message 9 of 11 (350 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Lost 8 seedlings today. Yesterday it worked with several dozen and just a few minutes ago another seedling showed up fine. It's definitely a somewhat random problem.

Message 10 of 11 (341 Views)