Mr Burns' empty pockets/"Ain't no mountain high enough" task disappeared

by Mathrion2

Original Post

Mr Burns' empty pockets/"Ain't no mountain high enough" task disappeared

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Hello, I was building the money mountain but before I could finish the first task, the opportunity to have Mr burns empty pockets task disappeared. I've emptied the game cache, used a second device, even reinstalled the whole app and it's still not there! Please help - must build my mountain!!!

Title edited and thread stickied by SurlyCodger to try and minimise duplicate threads
Message 1 of 227 (14,309 Views)

Re: Mr burns empty pockets task disappeared

[ Edited ]
Yes Ive heard of this.

Please remember that this is not time limited. This will take a lot of time and money to complete. The last two levels alone will take almost one week each with Burns nonstop dumping truckloads of money on the pile. This should be seen as aspirational. 5.5 millions is a lot for level 25 players and even top level players.
Burns is also needed right now in the event to earn currency and he has many tasks with the Dame in the third act, so he cant keep throwing money on the pile for most of us.

If you have done all tasks - filled the bar, there might be something youve missed.
A levelup icon over the mountain.
The levelup icon shouldve been shown over the mountain when you completed the tenth task, filled the moneybar.
Maybe you didnt see it and tapped something elses that made it go away.
Resynching the game (visiting KL or neighbours/restarting sevice) or storing the M. Mountain should make the icon reappear.

If this occured when the bar is not filled, does it look like this?
You still have the golden bear in the lefthand taskbook.
You can tap the M. Mountain and the task shows up.
But when you go to the task in Burns menu it is nowhere to be found, correct?

Some have reported that visiting 10-15 neighbours resovled the issue, it is worth a try.

Store Money mountain and put back
Store coolingtowers and put back

Hardclose game
Reset/shut off device

Delete/reinstall - if you are connected to origin

If this does not work
Contact support.

I will link this on my blog so more that are having this issue can add to this thread.

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players. In this case there is little other players can do for you.
Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 227 (13,544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This occurred in my game between the 7th and 8th run at depositing money onto the mountain.

Message 3 of 227 (13,483 Views)

★★ Novice
Got the same problem myself, got to 7,000 and the task has vanished from Burns' list. Tried everything you mentioned above but no luck. Also the link to ea support doesn't work for me. Thanks
Message 4 of 227 (13,411 Views)

★★ Novice
Apologies, link dies work, I wasn't logged in when I tried it
Message 5 of 227 (13,391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having issues with this task. I spoke to an EA help desk person and he advised me to comment here so my issue is fixed with the rest. I also have tried the suggestions but had no luck. Hopefully it will be fixed with enough time to complete it!

Message 6 of 227 (13,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also had this problem. Chatted with an EA rep. He basically said you have to spend the donuts to move on the next level, and that all the levels of this quest are like this. He is forwarding it to the development team, but basically, until the next update comes out, if you don't want to spend the donuts, then leave this task alone.

Message 7 of 227 (13,367 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This is not a timed event. We all have ample time to build this mountain but it is frustrating when they release a bugged item that could potentially be completed by high level players who have $5,000,000 saved. At any rate I am in the same boat as all of you, waiting for EA to release a patch so we can build our money mountain.
Message 8 of 227 (13,340 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Interesting!  EA says spend donuts (go figure) and others are saying task disappeared.  It did for me as well for part 3 after 2500 deposited.  Funny enough, i was happily on stage 2, at 6000 of 15,000 and the game advanced me to stage 3!  I feel cheated!!  well, not really.  all in all i dont understand why we have to pay 5.5 million for a costume!  it better give burns super powers (aka PREMIUM status) and give 10% chance of 10 donuts per Burns job completion!  Absolutely ridiculous, especially since it starts at lv 25!

Message 9 of 227 (13,290 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem for me too.  At the 8th go task disappears and all the store and replace tricks did not have any effect.

Message 10 of 227 (13,264 Views)