Re: Moving a game from another device

by minicha-em

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Moving a game from another device

★★★ Newbie
Hi I want to take Simpsons tapped out and put it onto my iPad. Is this possible without losing my progress? Many thanks in advance from a techno useless girl ;-)
Message 1 of 5 (119 Views)

Accepted Solution

Yes it is very possible Standard smile
You do need to connect your game to an Originaccount.
Once you have the account you can play your game on any device that holds TSTO by loggin in.
When you first download the game on a new device it will take you to a default Anonymous town. You do not have to play that game if you dont want a second town. To find your old game, find the Login button. Login buttons: Welcomescreen, bottom left. Friendscreen (minitowns) tap Handshake, bottom right in the pop-up "add origin friends" enter log in info.
Either exit the game to access the Welcomescreen or play through the first levels to access the Bart/Milhouse button to take you to the Friendscreen with the minitown.
It may say "your other device did not save" ignore it and Play Now/Continue. The loss if any is minimal. Only your last session so you might have to reset tasks or start a build again but nothing further back.
Good luck!

To create an Originaccount.Bart/Milhouse. Friendscreen (minitowns): handshake icon. Popup: bottom right: login. Use the Sign Up button if you want to create an account.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (119 Views)

All Replies

Yes it is very possible Standard smile
You do need to connect your game to an Originaccount.
Once you have the account you can play your game on any device that holds TSTO by loggin in.
When you first download the game on a new device it will take you to a default Anonymous town. You do not have to play that game if you dont want a second town. To find your old game, find the Login button. Login buttons: Welcomescreen, bottom left. Friendscreen (minitowns) tap Handshake, bottom right in the pop-up "add origin friends" enter log in info.
Either exit the game to access the Welcomescreen or play through the first levels to access the Bart/Milhouse button to take you to the Friendscreen with the minitown.
It may say "your other device did not save" ignore it and Play Now/Continue. The loss if any is minimal. Only your last session so you might have to reset tasks or start a build again but nothing further back.
Good luck!

To create an Originaccount.Bart/Milhouse. Friendscreen (minitowns): handshake icon. Popup: bottom right: login. Use the Sign Up button if you want to create an account.

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 5 (120 Views)

@jellybelly652  I hope the information that @minicha-em gave you was helpful and solved your question. 

Happy tapping! 

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 3 of 5 (112 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks minicha-em for your help, all sorted :-)
Message 4 of 5 (101 Views)

You're welcome. Glad it was sucessful! If you moved it from a phone you'll appriciate the bigger screen of the iPad although the resolution is a bit fuzzy compared to the supersharp quality of a Samsungphone.

D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 5 (93 Views)