Missing Handshakes?

by mikeropology

Original Post

Missing Handshakes?

★ Apprentice

I keep getting push notifications saying "a neighbor has visited your Springfield," but there are never any handshakes to clear. This has been happening since the Stonecutters Takedown update (version 4.9.5 on iOS).

Also, I'm pretty sure my regular/daily neighbors are tapping in my town, but my buildings are only showing cash registers and dollar signs -- I can't see their handshakes. And I'm hearing from friends that my town looks empty, as if I've collected from all my buildings (even though I haven't).

The usual troubleshooting methods do not resolve this, so I'm assuming this is something that has to be corrected in an update. Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 20 (783 Views)

Re: Missing Handshakes?

No, you are the first one that I have heard this from. Since you have tried the trouble shooting steps, I would say out a ticket in with EA so they are aware of the issue with your game. I am sure you are not alone in this, just no one has posted about it yet.

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 20 (761 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@BurghBaby wrote:

No, you are the first one that I have heard this from. Since you have tried the trouble shooting steps, I would say out a ticket in with EA so they are aware of the issue with your game. I am sure you are not alone in this, just no one has posted about it yet.

Well, in my experience, lately EA seem unwilling to respond to my tickets.. not even a confirmation of receipt. I've had good results with live chats, but scheduling a chat seems unncessary at this point. This isn't such a big problem for me, personally, since my game is still playable. And there's nothing customer support can do anyway.

Hopefully someone at EA is monitoring this forum and can "escalate" this. The problem is widespread enough that EA should at least be aware of it. Here are some other threads from EA Forums, for example:

Where are the handshakes?

No notification with Friend visits

Are most of our neighbor visits even showing up?

EDIT: added another link.

Message 3 of 20 (755 Views)

Well we can hope that it will be fixed sooner then later. As for the other EA forums, I don't visit them. I have enough to do on this one. Lol. I did take a look at the threads that you postedposted and see that others are experiencing the same issue. Thank you for posting them Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 4 of 20 (751 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Since the end of the stonecutter quest, i visit my friends and seem to be working okay but when i asked two of my friends why they were not visiting i got told they dont get my visits but they are visiting me. So it seems i can visit but it is not visible to anyone as they are not visible to me. I have logged off and logged on to another ipad and i am visible now to two friends but they are still not visible to me. Does this mean i am not getting any friend points.
Message 5 of 20 (736 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ibojczuk wrote:
Since the end of the stonecutter quest, i visit my friends and seem to be working okay but when i asked two of my friends why they were not visiting i got told they dont get my visits but they are visiting me. So it seems i can visit but it is not visible to anyone as they are not visible to me. I have logged off and logged on to another ipad and i am visible now to two friends but they are still not visible to me. Does this mean i am not getting any friend points.

I'm maxed-out on friend points so I can't check this myself, but since friend points are tied to handshakes, the only way you can recieve them is if you interact with the tapped building.  So basically no handshake = no friend points.

But that should only apply within your Springfield. You will still recieve friend points when you visit your neighbors' towns and give them handshakes.

There my be a way that you can check to see if you are getting additional friend points that you're not seeing, though.  After you do your daily neighbor visits, make a note of your total friend points (bottom left of the "other Springfields" screen).  Then go back into your town, clear all the buildings, and go back and check that friend point number again to see if it increased.  You probably won't see an increase, but it's worth a try.

Message 6 of 20 (713 Views)

★ Apprentice

UPDATE:   In order to see your "missing" handshakes, always log out of Origin before you quit the game.

You will have to re-login every time you want to play.

The disappearing handshakes may be related to the "Cannot Connect To Server" screen that pops up immediately after launching the app. If you're not logged in when you launch the app, the "Cannot Connect To Server" screen does not affect your Origin account. After you hit "retry," login to Origin and your handshakes should be visible once you proceed to your Springfield.

Message 7 of 20 (687 Views)

Thank you for this update @mikeropology  Awesome information to know and share with others. 

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 8 of 20 (681 Views)

★ Apprentice

@BurghBaby wrote:

Thank you for this update @mikeropology  Awesome information to know and share with others. 

Yep Confusedmileyhappy:

Logging out and logging back in isn't a fix for the problem, but it helps. I'm still not seeing the same volume of neighbor interactions that I was before the Stonecutters update. 

Message 9 of 20 (678 Views)

Friends who are visiting I am not receiving this has been happening since the July 4download

★★★ Newbie

Message 10 of 20 (669 Views)