Re: Maximum Buildings, but I have so much not outside

by Patz1984

Original Post

Maximum Buildings, but I have so much not outside

★ Novice

Dear programmer,

I play the simpsons tapped out since over 2 years.

Today I got the in game message, that I can't buld more buldings or decorations anymore,

cause I have enough in my Springfield.

But I have so many buldings and decorations not outside. They are all in my box, cause

there is no space for them in the springfield area.

Why should I play a game, and pay a lot ingame for donuts, when I can't build anymore?

I am a player, who not farmed, so I have no house farms. I like to give buldings a little space

(would love to give them more, but there is no space for it)

So what kind of sence does it do, to play a game, where you have to colect buldings, and decorations,

and rebuild springfield, when there ist 1. not enought space for all your buildings, and 2. there is a limit

of buildings you can have outside, even if you have so many buldings inside your box and not on the field...

for example: from the blackhole update, I have just 4 of the buldings outside, cause for the rest of it was no space

to place them.

Sadly. but without a fix of it, I am out. even when I had like this game. but it makes no sence to play a game,

when you cant play it....

Message 1 of 8 (1,849 Views)

Hero (Retired)

First thing's first. I'm not a programmer/EA Staff member just a fellow player like yourself so don't have the sway to change anything.

Second. There are two different types of "maximum number of items" messages you can get in your town when placing items. The first one is a

"we recommend you not going above this limit" type message that will pop up every 150-250 items placed when you reach above approximately 6,000 items. This is purely a recommendation in case you have slow internet connection/poor server connectivity/old device that struggles with the RAM demands of the game. The second message you get is when you reach around 8,500-9,000 items and will not let you place any more items/buildings unless you store others.

Cheeky question, but are you definitely at the maximum maximum limit? I'm close to it myself but then I have been playing for around 3+ years and have a heavily/complexly decorated town.

Message 2 of 8 (1,831 Views)

★ Novice

I am sadly on the maximum limit.

And, and thats the worst thing on it, I have pull many new buildings in the box, and not on the space.

Not why I dont like it, more cause I have the space vor it.

I am not a farmer, so i dont have many houses, for example, I have every color house 1, some 2 times, not more,

and the special houses for the famelies.

Of the black hole I have just let 4 buldings on the space, the rest is gone in the box.

Its just a simple * concept, when you have 1. not enought space for all of the things, when you wanna buld a nice

city, and not only place all tight on tight (makes no sence for me, we play a city builder, not a farming game)

And 2. when you not even can set all buildings and decorations you got cause you reach the limit.

Message 3 of 8 (1,815 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The item limit is hardware/coding based.  It's not some frivolous number they pulled out of a hat.

A long time player just reported the other day that he found the maximum amount of money you can get in the game - $2.14 Billion.  After passing it his money went negative.  Here's the link to the thread in the Official Game Forum.

There are limits to things in programming languages.  Getting around them is like jumping through flaming hoops backwards while blindfolded.

Then there are the limitations of technology.  Many older devices have been cut off from playing this game due to their limitations already.

This game has massively surpassed the expectations of what it would be.

Meanwhile...

Everything in your town counts toward your building limit.  Every tree, bush, fence, bridge, etc.  Yes, even bridges count.  Rather than storing buildings why not try storing a few hundred trees, bushes, etc.  Keep just above the Conform-o-Meter requirements for your  Tree Hugging and Vanity and you'll be fine.

This really isn't the proper forum for this post anyway.  This is more of a "my game is broken please help me" forum.  The Official Game Forum is a better place to gripe  - there are many other people there you'll get sympathy from.

And then there's the fact that programmers don't read this forum anyway...

Message 4 of 8 (1,797 Views)

★ Novice

With the last point you are wrong.

I had get this link fpr this forum from a chat support, and they toled me, that the programmer read it.

So when I get it from the official support, and they tell me I should write my problem here, who has more

right? You or the official support?

Message 5 of 8 (1,793 Views)

Wadebear is right.

Outsourced support has no clue what this forum is about.

They mostly dont know who Homer is.

We, who have been here every day for years, having close contact with the Community Managers here, have NEVER, EVER seen programmers, development or support here, at least not for this game.

Who do you think knows more about this forum? Outsorced personal in India who barely know what Tapped Out is or those who are here daily?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 6 of 8 (1,790 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Whatever

you can think what you want, when a support member says, that programmers read this forum,

and I have to write my problem here, I believe in th Game supporters not in wannabes.

Message 7 of 8 (1,777 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi folks, 

@Patz1984, it's not fair to call @minicha-em and @wadebear "wannabes". They've proven over and over that they are invaluable members of the community and they dedicate their time to help players.

As for the question whether programmers are reading the forums, it's a bit of yes and no. Technically no, programmers don't read the forums because their job is to program the game. BUT Community managers like myself do that for them. That's part of what we do every day, we try to answer players' questions and concerns and we provide information and reports to the game studios. In return we feed information back to the players as much as possible.

Hope this clears the air a little bit. 

Message 8 of 8 (1,761 Views)