Re: Locked quests for Mayan Marge- EA don't play fair

by johncolombo

Original Post

Locked quests for Mayan Marge- EA don't play fair

★★★★ Novice

EA are not playing fair. They offered up Mayan Marge for 90 donuts (expensive for a skin) but since I didn't have one for her and liked it, I decided to take the plunge. I received her but there were only 3 tasks available, a 1 , 8 and 24 hour task.  I noticed one said it required the Mayan Calendar, so I spent another 70 donuts on that and still no quests opening up. I then had to search online to research and found that NONE of those quests can be unlocked without Mayan Homer which was not available as a purchase.

Why  do you EA release such an expensive skin without relasing the quests also, or pre-warning at least that Homer is required before we spend our donuts. 

I did contact customer service and they told me that they were NOT going to refund the donuts and will not let me return. So now I have paid out pretty much a full character's worth of donuts for a skin that can't do much without another Character Skin.

SHAME on you EA,  At least unlock the quests or make Mayan Homer available.

Message 1 of 4 (399 Views)

The Mayan calendar, Mayan Homer and Mayan Marge was first released during Halloween 2012

The items have since been re-released on several occasions.

The quests have not changed since the first release.

Most fair wouldve been to release it as a bundle.

This is not the first time re-releases comes in parts, instead of a complete set, messing up the quest.

This is a player to player forum, we can not do anything for you in this case.

Developers of this game does not frequent this Help Forum, so they're not likely to see your input here.

Try the official forum instead, as the developers do go there to find suggestions and input. http://forum.ea.com/

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players. In this case there is little other players can do for you.

Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 4 (382 Views)

If you can wait 4 months Mayan Homer was first associated with Halloween so there's a chance he'll come back. Who knows Maybe EA will release him in the last few days of the  egyptian part of the event? 

Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 3 of 4 (367 Views)

I have reported this problem to EA.

Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 4 of 4 (331 Views)